Vision of the Seas Question - Champaigne Bar

sakegato

My husband and I will be cruising on the Vision of the Seas in March - to see the Mexican Riviera. Could someone that has been on the ship recently tell me anything about the Champagne Bar? On our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas a year ago, we would go there every night for Champagne and appetizers. They also had free caviar every night from 5:30-8:00pm. Does the same go for this Champagne Bar? It was the best part of the ship, on two occasions dolphins were swimming along the ship. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Allison

4/2004 - Mariner of the Seas (Wedding Cruise!), 4/2005 - Jewel of the Seas, 9/2005 - Empress of the Seas ***Coming Soon*** 3/2006 - Vision of the Seas

When in March are you on the Vision? We have a thread going on the "Roll Call" board for March 12. If that is when you are sailing, we would love to have you come and chat with us. If not, Bon Voyage!!

I'm sorry, we are going on the March 19 sailing!!! Otherwise I would have loved to!

Allison

4/2004 - Mariner of the Seas (Got married on the ship!), 5/2004 - Jewel of the Seas, 9/2005 - Empress of the Seas ***Future Cruises*** 3/2006 - Vision of the Seas

I have been on Vision and also on Serenade, which is identical to the Jewel.

On VOS, the Champagne bar is much smaller. We never saw free caviar, period. The bartender there (I cannot rememer her name but will try) is wonderful.

The Champagne Bar is my favorite bar at Sea and I found the one on Serenade to be less intimate than on Vision.

I don't think that there is any type of dress requirement...one day, we went right after we left the pool...in t-shirts and shorts. Our bartender was Freddie - he was wonderful! The atmosphere and the view from the Champagne Bar are great. This time I won't be drinking (Bun in the Oven) but my husband will be making up for the both of us. ;) j/k

Just got off the Vision last Sunday. The Champagne bar is in the middle of the ship (lobby). I saw all types of dress there. Never saw anything free. It is a great place to people watch. And it has a small dance floor and the house band plays there almost every night. Mostly an older more refined crowd. For a younger more rowdy crowd try the Schooner bar or the club on deck 11.

Archived