Minor CD/DVD Technical Question

VoyageVirgin

Does anyone know if the TV/CD/DVD units in the Sun's AD suites will play CDs with MP3s on them?

We are going to be cruising for 14 days and we like to have some decent music available when we are in the room. These days most CD/DVD players do play MP3s as well. Not a big deal but it is easier to bring a single MP3 CD instead of a dozen or more regular CDs.

Does anyone know if the TV/CD/DVD units in the Sun's AD suites will play CDs with MP3s on them?

We are going to be cruising for 14 days and we like to have some decent music available when we are in the room. These days most CD/DVD players do play MP3s as well. Not a big deal but it is easier to bring a single MP3 CD instead of a dozen or more regular CDs.

No it did not in 2004 - the player is the same age as the ship - consider bringing your ipod/MP3 player with RCA jacks to connect it to the sound system in the cabin.

8202-cabin9.jpg

No it did not in 2004 - the player is the same age as the ship - consider bringing your ipod/MP3 player with RCA jacks to connect it to the sound system in the cabin.

Thanks Shoreguy! (If only you had a dollar for every time you've heard that phrase!) :D

That sounds like a better idea to me. Since I'm taking my laptop, I should be able to use that to tie into the sound system assuming that the system is A/V friendly.

How does cd/dvd library work. Is there actually the discs in the room or a list to choose from? Can you hold them all cruise?:)

We brought our own. There was a notebbok with a list for DVDs you could have the butler bring. Not sure how long you could keep them.

We were on the PoAm, not the Sun, but for the CD/DVD library there is a catolog with a selection of discs to choose from. It's not a huge list, but it appeared that there was something for nearly everyone.

You call your butler or concierge to request a disk. If someone else doesn't already have it, they will bring it to you. Not sure how many they will let you have at a time. We never had more than two.

It did not appear that there was any limit to how long you could have a disk. There was one we had requested, but never received because it was out the whole trip. There is a $50 fee for any disk not returned.

Archived