Pictures from Adventure January 15th cruise

Monte65

Hi:

We're on the AOS in about 7 weeks from now. We were on the Voyager when it was brand new and we're really looking forward to the AOS. This will be our 15th cruise on RCI, but our 36th cruise overall. I was wondering how the ship looked, but by your pictures, it looks like it's in good shape. Any tips or comments or things not to miss? We were on the Radiance last September and had a great time. We took a Princess ship this last NY Eve, and I must admit that I'm glad to be going back to RCI. The cruise was ok, just not as much fun as RCI. We've been on six Princess ships, and RCI is our favorite. It looks like you had a good time.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

PS We're Diamond members. Did they have a concierge lounge? How about the Murder Mystery Theater. We did that on the Radiance and it was a lot of fun.

Hi:

We're on the AOS in about 7 weeks from now. We were on the Voyager when it was brand new and we're really looking forward to the AOS. This will be our 15th cruise on RCI, but our 36th cruise overall. I was wondering how the ship looked, but by your pictures, it looks like it's in good shape. Any tips or comments or things not to miss? We were on the Radiance last September and had a great time. We took a Princess ship this last NY Eve, and I must admit that I'm glad to be going back to RCI. The cruise was ok, just not as much fun as RCI. We've been on six Princess ships, and RCI is our favorite. It looks like you had a good time.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

PS We're Diamond members. Did they have a concierge lounge? How about the Murder Mystery Theater. We did that on the Radiance and it was a lot of fun.

This was our first cruise on a Voyager class ship, and we thought Adventure looked great!! No complaints about her appearance from our point of view.

As for things not to miss, we really enjoyed all of the shows from the comedians, to the RCI singers and dancers, to the ice skating. There was always great music being played in the Imperial Lounge and in Jester's if you enjoy dancing the night away.

There was a concierge lounge, but I do not recall if there was a Murder Mystery Theater or not. I remember there was one when we sailed on Serenade 2 years ago, but I don't think there was one on AOS. (If there was one, I totally missed it!)

Enjoy your cruise. I know you'll have fun.

My wife, son and I will be staying on Deck 2 of the AOS in June (#2594) and I was curious how you liked (or didn't like) the cabin and its location. Great pictures, too!

We were in 2286, and we didn't have any problems or complaints with our room or the location of the cabin at all. In fact, it's actually very quiet on Deck 2 as the only cabins on that deck are ocean view staterooms (no interior cabins). So the amount of foot traffic is greatly reduced compared to other decks where staterooms are located.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. You really did a great job. We are thinking of taking this cruise in 2007. My question: Which camera did you use?

We did a S. Caribbean tour aboard Radiance three years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This itinerary did not include Curacao or Aruba. For this reason, we are looking at AOS for next year. I see that you have been on the Serenade. Did you enjoy the Voyager class as compared to the Radiance class?

Monte65,

Thank you for the great pictures! We will be on the Adventure the same week as "biledo" in March. My question to you is...How is the condition of the ship? Now that she is now over 4 years old; I read from others on these boards that the Voyager is looking her age of 6. Does the Adventure suffer the same fate or is she still looking great. I know that 4 is very young for a ship, but with all the traffic on these ships does RCI keep her clean and up to date with maintenance?

Thank you,

Jeff

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. You really did a great job. We are thinking of taking this cruise in 2007. My question: Which camera did you use?

We did a S. Caribbean tour aboard Radiance three years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This itinerary did not include Curacao or Aruba. For this reason, we are looking at AOS for next year. I see that you have been on the Serenade. Did you enjoy the Voyager class as compared to the Radiance class?

The camera is a Canon Power Shot A620. Our first digital camera, we purchased it just a couple of weeks before the cruise after doing quite a bit of research... and we have been nothing but extremely pleased with it ever since. The pictures are so clear (7.1 megal pixels) and the color is wonderful.

We did enjoy AOS very much, and were excited to take a cruise on a Voyager ship as this was our first in that class. And even though we had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed Adventure and everything she offered, my wife and I personally feel our favorite RCI cruise to date has been on Serenade. Maybe because we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary!

Monte65,

Thank you for the great pictures! We will be on the Adventure the same week as "biledo" in March. My question to you is...How is the condition of the ship? Now that she is now over 4 years old; I read from others on these boards that the Voyager is looking her age of 6. Does the Adventure suffer the same fate or is she still looking great. I know that 4 is very young for a ship, but with all the traffic on these ships does RCI keep her clean and up to date with maintenance?

Thank you,

Jeff

In my opinion, I felt the condition of the ship was great. I can't recall any area where I felt Adventure was being neglected. There were many times where we saw crew members cleaning and polishing, or cleaning the decks and windows of the ship. I even recall a wall that was slightly damaged in the Windjammer and maintenance was right on it replacing it, and the very next day you couldn't even tell there was a problem. I can only imagine what a "beating" those ships take what with the hundreds and thousands of passengers they take on every week, and RCI seems to do a good job in keeping their ships looking great.

Have a wonderful trip!

Can you tell me if it would be possible to make a 12:50 flight home from San Juan? Also can you check your bags through to United from the pier? Thanks for the info and the photos.

I don't think there would be a problem making a 12:50 flight even though we have sailed out of San Juan twice now, and our flights were always in the afternoon as we did excursions. But I do know that they get you off the ship pretty quickly beginning around 8:30, and considering the airport is only about a 20 minute taxi cab ride away, I think you whould be okay. Plus, you fill out a departure questionnaire towards the end of the cruise indicating what time your flight is, which I believe is to ensure that they give you a departure pass that allows you to depart the ship in time to make your flight.

I know there was only one airline that you could check your bags at the pier through, and unfortunately I can't be certain as to which one it was as we fly Delta. I'm thinking it was US Air, but again, I can't be certain. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Archived