Constellation - 8046 or Aft 9162

FinelyCruising

Have both on hold. No deck 8 afts are available, and while we have never been in an aft and are thinkinking maybe, I think I might like the more panoramic view I am used to. The other cabin on hold has a bit bigger angled balcony than a regular CC, and is on the starboard side of the ship.

Would appreciate any feedback on either of these cabins. Thanks!

We had 9162 on our December sailing and loved it! We even have it booked on the Summit for our Alaska trip in September. We did notice some chair noise from above when sitting outside during the day but I can honestly say that it was not annoying. After the first few times you hear it, you desenitize to it. Never noticed it in the cabin. And the view...need I say more? Some of our lovliest photos on the trip were taken from the veranda. There does seem to be less breeze than I recall from the verandas on the side of the ship. If you choose 9162 and Puwanto is your steward, you will not be dissapointed. The veranda is huge and scenic.

Could someone kindly explain this to me. I have just booked cabin 8102 on the Constellation Nov 27 sailing. This will be our first time on an M class ship and first time with a balcony. It is our 30th wedding annivesary and we are splurging (for us) I selected this because it is amidship and my wife is convinced she feels less movement there than fore or aft. Will we be shorting ourselves or will we be ok. Either way I'm sure we'll be happy but I want to know what I might be missing. thanks...

Have both on hold. No deck 8 afts are available, and while we have never been in an aft and are thinkinking maybe, I think I might like the more panoramic view I am used to. The other cabin on hold has a bit bigger angled balcony than a regular CC, and is on the starboard side of the ship.

Go for the aft!!!!! We had an aft FV on the Connie and loved it!!!!!!! The deck space is fabulous!!!!!!

We've been in 9160 and 9197, and would take 9162 without a second thought.

Be sure to take a look at one of the neighboring cabins on the port or starboard sides of the ship as you're boarding so you'll have a better appreciation of what you've got.

Photos of this cabin type are available by clicking on the link in the signature line below.

This has been so helpful for short notice. Thanks all for your quick response and efforts. I am also a visual person and found the links to the pics very helpful.

Wish me luck, since I am a Libra and can't hardly make up my mind easily anyway. In this case I will be cancelling another cruise to take this one...just pile on the hardship :rolleyes: .

Thanks Again!!!

We like midship's cabns also. 8102 is a very convenient location. Personally i like the 8th deck the best. While 9 is supposed to be choice, for me there's too much chance of hearing stuff from the pool deck. Please don't use references from Alaska cruises when deciding about noises from the pool. We've been on M-Class ships in the Caribbean and Alaska. Believe me, few are moving deck chairs at 7:00AM on the Alaska cruise and there are no late night celebrations on the Pool deck on the Alaska cruises, either.

While you won't have the biggest balcony, you are very conveniently located. Have a great time.

We have been conveniently located by my choice on our most recent cruises as well, and there is alot to be said for that. I keep heaing so much about the aft cabins that I have to take note, for the ones I have looked at, I will be taking a good walk to the far end of the ship.

We recently sailed with a couple who had their first aft and said it was 'OK'. (just ok) So a bigger balcony may be very nice for this particular cruise for us since I choose to see more enthusiasm in the aft afterall as opposed to the just ok couple, yet I just may have to take my heels off to walk my piggies to the end of the ship. I do that in Vegas too and hope no one is watching...;)

Yet I have a more convieniently located cabin on hold too....OMG!

We have been conveniently located by my choice on our most recent cruises as well, and there is alot to be said for that. I keep heaing so much about the aft cabins that I have to take note, for the ones I have looked at, I will be taking a good walk to the far end of the ship.
You have to ask yourself which part of the ship you'll be visiting the most during a cruise. We find ourselves far forward perhaps once or twice a day. The food, on the other hand, is closest to those who are aft!

Seriously -- it's a long hike to the theater, and nearly none to breakfast, lunch and dinner (unless you take the stairs!) If you were midship, you'd have half the distance, but twice. It works out pretty much the same for us. Besides, the exercise can be used to justify what you do when you get there :p

We have actually scheduled cruise dates around the availability of one of these cabins.

Hi FC!

How much do you use your balcony? If you're like us and use it for breakfast, reading, naps, drinks before dinner, stargazing...I'd go for the aft. We've always found the aft cabins convenient to most places we spend our time, in particular the buffet, restaurant and martini bar. You may feel more of the engine vibrations and possibly some docking maneuvers, but it's never disturbed us. We've never had a deck nine aft on Millennium class ships, so I can't speak about noise from above. Like many others, we've booked cruises because we can get an aft cabin. (Jewel was one of those times!)

Could someone kindly explain this to me. I have just booked cabin 8102 on the Constellation Nov 27 sailing. This will be our first time on an M class ship and first time with a balcony. It is our 30th wedding annivesary and we are splurging (for us) I selected this because it is amidship and my wife is convinced she feels less movement there than fore or aft. Will we be shorting ourselves or will we be ok. Either way I'm sure we'll be happy but I want to know what I might be missing. thanks...

If this is your first time with a balcony, you will not be disappointed. We have had CC balconies in the rear of the ship (not aft facing) before we discovered how choice the aft facing balconies were and have enjoyed them. And I think 8102 has been referred to as one of the more favorable CC cabins for balconies. It's not huge and deep, but certainly serviceable. As your first, enjoy.

Rick

Looking at Constellation Cabin 9201 vs. 7208 for fall Caribbean cruise - our 1st w/ X. Can people above look down on your veranda? Would these veranda's be about the same size?

Back of the ship is BEST IMO! But which deck would you recommended? Privacy and shade are #1 for us.

Thanks for your help.

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 - Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) - Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 - Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 - Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - Eastern Caribbean

Looking at Constellation Cabin 9201 vs. 7208 for fall Caribbean cruise - our 1st w/ X. Can people above look down on your veranda? Would these veranda's be about the same size?

Back of the ship is BEST IMO! But which deck would you recommended? Privacy and shade are #1 for us.

Thanks for your help.

The first 1/3 is covered by steel (deck above). The second 1/3 is covered by awning. The third 1/3 is open to the outside world. You can have just about any environment you want. The 1/3rds are approximate. Verandas are about the same size, although slightly larger as you get lower.

If 7208 is available, and I think it is, should I swap with the 9162? :confused:
It's pretty much a toss-up. Cabins are identical. Slightly larger veranda on Deck 7, but you'd need a tapemeasure to notice the difference unless you'd spent a fair bit of time on both -- both are huge. We enjoyed more clearly hearing the guy play the guitar out on the back deck of 10 when we were on 9. We missed the chair reshuffling noises at about 11:30pm when he quit playing when we weren't on 9.

For us, it'd be a flip of a quarter.

Since you've had 8046 before, can you tell me what the balcony is like. my husband and I are holding that cabin and i would love to know the difference between it and a regular CC balcony. Is it as big as it looks?

:confused:

Hope you like walking.

I had 8046... and loved it. And convenient to where I wanted to go.

Still too much movement in the aft end of M-class for me.

Just very recently returned from a back-2-back on the Connie and we had 7208. It is a great cabin.

Some pleasant noises from the evening music on deck 10 some nights but that was actually nice! Privacy was not an issue. Only if you are at the very edge of the railing can anybody from above actually see you. (But you do have a rather close up opportunity to look down on the suite balconies below which seem wide open!)

And if you are lucky enough to have Analiza and Rolando as your cabin attendants, you'll be doubly happy!

If it had been available for our next cruise, we'd have snapped it up in a flash! As it is, we settled for 8170.

Archived