Forward mini suite with balcony Caribe deck, Island Princess

Anyone stayed in one of these?  I looked on the cabin thread and didn't see any reviews for these with a balcony. We actually got an upgrade from a forward balcony cabin on Dolphin deck and I hope it's good! If you have stayed in one of these, please let me know! I'm thinking it's a good upgrade and am feeling excited!

1 minute ago, back to the islands said:

Anyone stayed in one of these?  I looked on the cabin thread and didn't see any reviews for these with a balcony. We actually got an upgrade from a forward balcony cabin on Dolphin deck and I hope it's good! If you have stayed in one of these, please let me know! I'm thinking it's a good upgrade and am feeling excited!

There are a lot of forward mini's on Caribe.

200's?

We and family stayed in 221/223. 

They are excellent cabins in a great location close to that forward door that goes outside to a forward viewing area. The cabin has a covered balcony.

The photo is of the Coral but both ships are identical in that forward area viewing decks.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html

image.png.bcb253718a04d98f29d9e1e660cafc91.png

We have been in Caribe 226 mini-suite on the Coral Princess, which is the sister ship to the Island Princess.  Loved it so much that we booked in Caribe 210 on the Coral for our upcoming Alaska cruise this summer.  We loved being so close to the forward viewing deck.  It was awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

There are a lot of forward mini's on Caribe.

200's?

Caribe, on most of the older ships, has the extended balcony, half covered and the other half open... works great for my husband and I as he can't do the sun and I love the sun! We are Elite and our choice of decks is always Caribe. The newer ships do not have this luxury!

1 hour ago, tulipgirl said:

Caribe, on most of the older ships, has the extended balcony, half covered and the other half open... works great for my husband and I as he can't do the sun and I love the sun! We are Elite and our choice of decks is always Caribe. The newer ships do not have this luxury!

That would apply to the Grand Class type ships.

They would be regular balcony cabins and not mini suites.

Grand, Star, Golden, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby

They are great balconies.

It does not apply to the Coral and the Island.

The OP asked about mini suites on the Island Princess.

See the link I posted in post #4. It shows what balconies are covered, partially covered, or no cover.

• Like 1