Booking flights with Cunard?

roger3858

Hello all- I’ve been a fairly long term lurker on cruise critic and have enjoyed reading folks’ experiences.

We haven’t travelled with Cunard before but are looking to book QG westbound transatlantic this coming winter. I know an economy flight is included in the price back to UK but I’m trying to find some information on how that is done?

if I book the cruise on the Cunard website will the company automatically book the flights there and then? Is it better to book the crossing by phoning Cunard directly especially if we’re considering an upgrade for flights?

We live in Northern Ireland- I know Cunard can do regional flights to Belfast does anyone have any experience of whether they’ll book flights from NY to Dublin? Would save on an extra flight!

Last question although it’s a little off from the flights topic- are the lifeboats below cabins on level 9 QG much of an obstruction or is it better to try to get a cabin on level 10?

Any information or advice gratefully received! Save travels

As to the QG cabins on deck 9, we were in one last December (9047) and did not deem the Deck 8 lifeboats an obstruction or distraction.  To the extent one occasionally is aware of them, one might even say they add to the "nautical" ambiance, as otherwise you might think you were in some big-city luxury hotel.  (I believe there was quite a dust-up on this board on this precise topic not too long ago, complete with dueling photos.)

I have recently booked Westbound cruise and complimentary flight back to UK.  We are staying in NYC for 3 nights.  I checked out flights times, carrier etc and telephoned Cunard and they arranged it all exactly as I had planned.  I did initially want to fly back to Gatwick but I had to pay an extra cost so going to Heathrow (Virgin) instead.  

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I booked it online how quickly they process flights- Dublin isn't listed as an option online. Was debating booking generically online first and then discussing flights at a later stage vs just doing it all over the phone in one go.

As I said before I checked online which flights I preferred - choose either BA or Virgin - and then phone Cunard.  They are very helpful.  I got exactly what I wanted and then chose my seats.  Good Luck!

10 hours ago, roger3858 said:

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I booked it online how quickly they process flights- Dublin isn't listed as an option online. Was debating booking generically online first and then discussing flights at a later stage vs just doing it all over the phone in one go.

When flights are involved I always speak with Cunard before booking, usually to make alternative flights and get upgrade costs.

They are nearly always the best deal for me.

• Like 1

Many thanks folks all booked and sorted. Interestingly they weren’t able to offer flights out of Dublin. A bit disappointing as far easier to fly out of there rather than go through London from NI!

all booked for December TA QG! Thoroughly looking forward to it!

Hi, 

I am booked on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth next March from Singapore to Hong Kong. I called Cunard yesterday to book the flights. The Cunard representative was very helpful and allowed me to choose the seats.

Chuck