Venice Doge's Palace Tour

We did not get tickets to the Secret Palace Tour because of our schedule, but if there are lines, you can buy a ticket to the Doge's Palace at the Museum across the square. I think it is called the Korman??? Musuem. You can buy a combo ticket to the 4 museums of San Marco Square and I am pushing my memory but I think it was only 9 euros for a combo ticket. When we bought the ticket we asked about bathrooms and they told us room 14. By the time we walked through the museum to room 14 and back to the entrance through the archeological museum we had done 2 of the museums on the combo ticket. Bathrooms are scarce in Venice and the 9 euros for the museums and bathroom was a bargain. When we got to Doge's Palace there was no line (late Oct.), and we spent over 2 hours in the museum. We probably could have spent another hour. The self tour included the Palace, the prison and a walk over the Bridge of Sighs. We had a wonderful visit to Doge's Palace at our own pace. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot stress too much how important it is that if you want to do the Secret tour, you have to book in advance. Don't expect to turn up and get in, you will almost always be disapointed. The groups are very small, no more than 20 and as you see form Marks mail above there are only 3 tours per day, so max 60 people.

Archived