Northwest Airline

mmsoko

I know NW was suppose to go back to court on the 17th of January from a previous post and there was talk that the pilots and flight attendents were threatening strikes.

Does anyone have any current news?

One of our cruising group heard the pilots were stiking on Feb 17th. We're due to cruise on the 22nd of Feb., and planning to fly NW to FLL on the 18th.:eek:

mmsoko,

Haven't heard much about the NWA situation. The union is filling strike coffers, the Judge is hearing both sides, and is expected to make a ruling on or before Feb 16. After that hearing the pilots would need to decide what they are going to do.

Usually, there is supposed to be a 30 day "cooling off" period after a strike has been voted on. Not sure how bankruptcy courts affect these rules though.

http://www.startribune.com

is one of the minneapolis papers, and you should be able to find information there as minneapolis is NWA hq.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

If you booked your airfare through Princess, and the pilots go on strike before you leave I would guess they would be in charge of making sure you got to your destination. But, if not, you'll want to keep a close eye on things. I think you should be okay, especially if the 30 day rule still applies.

Hope the 30 day cooling off period is in effect.

Will watch the news, thanks for the link.

Of course we made our own flight arrangements. If worse came to worse, we could drive to Florida. Not ideal and we'd have to change some plans for our son that was flying down with us then back on his own for school. He certainly wouldn't be able to drive home.

Hate to worry but want to be prepared.

I am in the same situation as you.

I am flying from Minneapolis to Ft Lauderdale on 2/24/06 for a cruise the next day.

If the pilots walk out I hope other airlines will pick up the Northwest flights. Minneapolis is a Northwest hub, so there are not very many flights on the other airlines. I would hate to have to drive to Florida. I don’t even know if that is an option since I would have to take an extra 3 days off from work on each end of the cruise.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived