Spirit? or Serenade?

cmez

August 1, 2005 will be my 25th wedding anniversary. My daughter recommended that DH and I take a cruise to celebrate! Great idea!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I've been looking at Alaskan cruises today, and can't decide which one I'd rather do! Which ship is better? I've only cruised on Carnival, is it time for a change??

13_1_103.gif

Cruising on the Conquest 10/31/04!

Paradise 9/03

Pride 9/02

Fantasy 5/00

Sensation 3/97

Don't forget to look into the possibility of cruising Princess to Alaska!

Before you make a decision you might want to check out the other cruise line boards on Cruise Critic. We find it helpful to read the reviews & comments by experienced cruisers who have already visited the destination we are considering.

Good luck in your search...

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

If you're doing the Alaskan itinerary, I would choose the Serenade just because its chilly in Alaska, and you would probably be indoors a lot on sea days and the Serenade is all glass offering you views from anywhere. We were on the Spirit this past February, a very nice ship, but, there is no glass it's, an enclosed atrium. We basically had to get outside to see outside. I know Alaska has breathtaking scenery and if I'm inside the ship I would'nt want to miss any of that. If you do book the Spirit I would definately get a balcony.

My wife and I are also celebrating our 25th this yar on June 23. We are booked on the Spirit to Alaska leaving Northbound on June 30. We have booked a balcony room and have sailed on her before. This will be our first time to Alaska. We considered R.C. but chose to remain with Carnival. Hope you have a great time!

Spirit 6/30/04

Legend 2003

Spirit 2002

Triumph 2001

Celebration 2000

Imagination 1999

6/30/04 Carnival Spirit to ALASKA

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;30;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks everyone!

I'm having a hard time deciding because I've been pretty loyal to Carnival.

Cruzenbabe you have a point... I'd hate to miss all of the scenery being inside, and the Serenade sounds more appealing... And besides that..

DH wants to sail "during" our anniversary which Serenade will be, and Spirit does'nt start sailing Alaska until Sept. 7, 2005. But then again, I can get a balcony on Spirit for the price of an OV on Serenade... Decisions! Decisions!!

dpfred,

First of all, Happy Anniversary (early)! And let me know your thoughts on Spirit when you return from your trip in June. I'll be looking forward to your review. I seen you're from Iowa, where??

13_1_103.gif

Lorrie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Official Countdown to Conquest!

Paradise 9/03

Pride 9/02

Fantasy 5/00

Sensation 3/97

I'd go with Serenade. I sailed Radiance of the Seas on a 4 day out of Seattle a few years ago and told myself if I ever had the chance to sail to Alaska again I'd definately sail the Radiance or Seranade because of all their glass.

I didn't think the food & service on the RCCL ship was nearly as good as the Carnivals Pride but the Radiance glass elevators & and open spaces were breathtaking.

For Alaska it's all about the scenery so I'd choose Serenade.

RellieA

Okay!! You've talked me into it!! Serendade of the Seas it is!! Sorry Carnival!!

I took Salty Dog's advise and checked out some reviews... Plus, I've recorded a few shows from "Cruise Week" on the Travel Channel, and I liked the design of the Voyager. I know Serenade is not the same class as the Voyager, but I agree with you guys that it would be better to sail and see Alaska on!

I'll probably book it this week. Thanks everyone for your input! Testing out my new countdown clock.

13_1_103.gif

Lorrie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Official Countdown to Conquest!

Paradise 9/03

Pride 9/02

Fantasy 5/00

Sensation 3/97

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;7;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Un-Official Countdown to Serenade of the Seas

Archived