Freeport - Looking for Beach Information

SANDPEBBLES

We are sailing on the NCL Jewel February 5. I've been reading that Great Stirrup Cay is sometimes replaced by Freeport.

We're not interested in paying for excursions or going shopping. Our group wants to find a nice beach. We would like food, beverages, and chairs available.

Any advice about Freeport's beaches would be greatly appreciated. I did some research on the resorts but couldn't determine which ones catered to day cruisers - if any at all.

How are the prices? Aggressive vendors? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

I've been to Freeport 4 times, all times we stayed at Westin/Sheraton (Our Lucaya). I can tell you that the beach is beautiful and there are no bothersome vendors , however you have to pay to use the beach/facilities (they check wrist bands), and the drink prices are about $9 a piece. The food is also expensive at the resort, but across the street is the "Port Lucaya Marketplace, with shops and cheaper restaraunts. Not sure about rest of island as we mainly stayed on site.

Hope this helps,

alex

Hi!

How did you find this particular section of beach? Did you take a cab from the port? Should we just ask to be taken to the "flea market"? Will that put us at the beach you mentioned? Was there any charge for using the beach? Vendors?

I know I have lots of questions. Just want to be prepared in case we land in Freeport instead of Great Stirrup Cay.

Thanks so much!

Breezes responded to my e-mail about catering to day cruisers very specifically. Nyekah Adams informed me that for $60 USD, a day pass could be purchased. The day pass is all inclusive for food and use of facilities. Nyekah did not mention that drinks were covered. Nor, was she clear about whether the $60 was per person or per couple.

The Westin/Sheraton "answered" my request for information about catering to day cruisers by giving me all phone numbers necessary to make a hotel reservation. It was obvious to me that this was a standard e-mail sent out to anyone wanting to stay at the resort.

So - I'm guessing that the Westin/Sheraton Lucaya Beach doesn't cater to day cruisers. If they do, there was no information about a day pass in their e-mail to me.

I read on another board that the Jewel went to Nassau this past week instead of Great Stirrup Cay. Need to research Nassau as well.

For anyone interested in more specific information about Breezes resort in Freeport, read the information provided on the thread, "Day Passes."

According to a poster on that thread, a Breezes day pass includes lots and lots of things - including drinks! Good to know!

Archived