Can swim diapers be used in the Amber Cove splash pad?

gatorgurl

I was very frustrated to learn that my son, who is not potty trained, will not be allowed to use ANY of the water amenities on the Carnival Horizon--even the kids' splash pad--because they don't have a separate filtration system for them. Does anyone know if this is the case in the kids' section of Amber Cove?

If by Amber Cove you mean the beach...your non-trained child can go in the ocean water. But not in any cruise ship pool, not even the "family" pool. As far as I know, Carnival doesn't have the splash zones -- those are not pools, just wet areas with sprayers and sprinklers and so forth -- for non-trained children; they must wear swim diapers in these splash zones and children who ARE trained aren't allowed in them, making it difficult if not impossible for one parent to supervise two children at once. And yes, the rule is enforced, and if it isn't it should be, for the sake of your own children and everyone else. And if it isn't, other folks will see that it is, I promise. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, ToniV said:

If by Amber Cove you mean the beach...your non-trained child can go in the ocean water. But not in any cruise ship pool, not even the "family" pool. As far as I know, Carnival doesn't have the splash zones -- those are not pools, just wet areas with sprayers and sprinklers and so forth -- for non-trained children; they must wear swim diapers in these splash zones and children who ARE trained aren't allowed in them, making it difficult if not impossible for one parent to supervise two children at once. And yes, the rule is enforced, and if it isn't it should be, for the sake of your own children and everyone else. And if it isn't, other folks will see that it is, I promise. 

I'm fairly certain OP is talking about the splash park at the Amber Cove port, not on the ship. There isn't a beach suitable for swimming right at Amber Cove. As far as the swim diaper issue, I can't help you with that as I have teenagers. Maybe try posting on the Carnival message boards which has more traffic. 

• 6 months later...