Back of the ship with Balcony

insgirl43

If the owner's suite on the NCL Spirit is the same as on the Sky, we've had it, and its a great room. I remember it having a hot tub on the balcony. If you have that, you may want to keep it to yourself, and not share it with the others. It was a great room to have with a huge balcony.

Aft rooms are wonderful, but if you have motion sickness you may want to stick to mid ship, you will have a vibration in the aft rooms.

in the 7 times I have sailed the aft I have not felt any vibrations.

People have also complained of soot. But we wipe everything done before we sit and not had the problems. DO not leave anything out to dry overnight.

I am trying to book an aft balcony on the Brilliance for February or March 2007 and I am not having much luck. How far in advance do I have to book this cabin. Am I correct in understanding that a D1 is available on deck 10? I will wait until 2008 if I can get one of those cabins. Thanks

just because you are not seeing it online dont mean its not available. By calling an agent they can find if its trully booked or if another agent has it on hold as group space.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my Destiny cruise last night through my PVP. I usually have an inside cabin but I REALLY deserve this upcoming cruise so splurged for a balcony. Selection was limited on CCL website but my PVP waved his magic wand and asked me where I wanted my cabin. I was leaning towards the aft corner cabins, it looks like they have a biger balcony. He "highly recommended" I consider the aft, mostly due to the great views. So - I booked 6379, right in the center of the group. There are supposed to be 2 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a table... sounds pretty big to me!

A disadvantage (?) to the corner cabins (6344, 6371, etc.): there is a queen sized bed, period. No twin beds to separate if you're travelling with a friend. Just in case someone wants to know...

Liz

I had an aft suite on Midnatsol last year - it was a nice cabin but whenever the ship manoevered there was a dreadful vibration.

Perhaps not so bad on a cruise ship, but the Hurtigruten ships stop a few times at night and so one can be woken up.

Especially considering that we were north of the Artic Circle and the daylight was 24 hours - and the curtain didn't reach the floor....

For what it is worth, Midnatsol is only about 20,000 tonnes. It is a ship equipped with pods.

I would take the suite again if I were on the same ship, but if I had a free choice of cabin location I like a forward facing balcony - and a side balcony so that it is a bit less exposed as well!

. So - I booked 6379, right in the center of the group. There are supposed to be 2 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a table... sounds pretty big to me! Liz

ok Liz-- ya got me worried here for you. The aft balconies are big on carnival but not nearly as big as you have it sounding. 2 chairs and a table..max.. you can have one lounge chair out there but will give up most your space and get rid of the chairs to do so.

Royal caribbeans VOyager class aft cabins do have all that plus some but not on carnival.

here is a photo of an aft on the destiny with out furniture

http://community.webshots.com/photo/260530874/1260530874052943369kXkADX

Looks like you have a L shaped cabin, try searching L shaped cabin in the forums and you should get a lot of information. We have booked 8333 an aft wrap different set up in the cabin and a wrap balcony, not much information on that cabin either guess we will wait and see. I enjoy the element of surprise. Good Luck:)

I tried to searh L shaped cabin I know prior to my change I have seen it somewhere but of course when you want to find something you can't. It looks like those wrap a rounds are very nice. I am sure you will be pleased. I might consider one on our next cruise after I see how the back of the boat is. We have only stayed mid ship in the past. Thanks for your advice. Happy cruising.

for the info and photo. Since posting that message i've had to change my vacation - new boss, all that stuff. Then a coworker suggested RCCL, and I booked Adventure instead. Got an aft there too but may switch to hump instead. I booked 8690, corner cabin, but it looks like the balcony is smaller than it appears on the deck guide (kinda like the side view mirrors on my car, I guess?). Thanks to fellow CC'ers who post photos and links, I'm now rethinking it. I have seen that some of the Voyager class balconies have glass below the railing, while some have metal or a solid surface you can't see through. Does anyone know which is which? I prefer the glass, it's the first time I'm getting a balcony and I want to see as much as I can while I enjoy it!

Thanks again-

Only deck 6 has the metal partition on the Voyager. all other balconies have the plexiglass.

I didnt like the corner balcony on the VOyager-- the balcony was smaller -although it will be bigger then the side one.

We had the one next to you...and this balcony was huge. it does have 2 lounge chairs AND two chairs and a small table. We were able to host a small get together on that balcony for about 20 people with room to move. You will not have that on the side.

The corners also has a door instead of a sliding door.

I tried to searh L shaped cabin I know prior to my change I have seen it somewhere but of course when you want to find something you can't. It looks like those wrap a rounds are very nice. I am sure you will be pleased. I might consider one on our next cruise after I see how the back of the boat is. We have only stayed mid ship in the past. Thanks for your advice. Happy cruising.

http://community.webshots.com/album/54407529GerSto

its the triumph-- same layout its only to give you an idea.

what cabin did you give up for this one?

I gave up an aft on deck 8 and moved to deck 7 for this balcony. My DD heard with Lido deck above it could be noisy in the am when they are putting deck chairs out also heard not to private. Who knows first time every staying in the aft. Always booked mid ship deck 6. Thanks for the connection for the pics.;)

This site is wonderful, but I have yet to see any pictures from the Serenade of the Seas's aft cabin. We will be going to Alaska in a aft cabin, on deck 7...I hope that this is a good pick. I am feeling better about being in the back of the ship after reading all the info regarding the aft cabins. I am hoping that someone out there might have pictures. Thanks for any info or pictures ?? :p

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/serenadeoftheseas.htm

you will find all information thats located on the web will be located here.

Remember when reading peoples reviews that is their particular experince.

Serenda is a Radience class ship-- so look for photos on any of that class will be exact.

Brilliance Of The Seas

Jewel Of The Seas

Radiance Of The Seas

Serenade Of The Seas

i would like to know what people think of the aft rooms on the Spendour of the Seas. we have a D1 booked on the aft (April trans cruise) and have seen a few pics of it and it loooks great but wondered what others thought about that area. I do get sea sick and plan to take meds for that. Anything else I should know about that area?

its a far walk to the elevators/stairs. But the hall is quiet as people tend not to go where they dont have to go ona cruise ship. The balcony does not get ocean breezes but the views from the aft are amazing-- you will see both sides instead of only one. Keep your curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

Thanks for the tip on keeping it cool in the day. We thought we would enjoy having the space and balcony on this cruise over some where your never in your room much. I dont mind long walks, you have to always walk no matter where you go anyways.

Archived