Sirena - Winter of 2020-2021

NC Garden Traveler

We love to cruise in January and February, but after several cruises in the Caribbean, we want to do something else. The Southern Hemisphere during this time period is their summer and is hot. I was delighted to see that Sirena' in the winter of 2020-21 is doing South Asia  I'm a believer in being at the right place at the right time and think going to India in January is a great idea. Very few other cruise lines are in the area at that time of year. 

Nautica has been doing its annual Cape Town to Singapore run every February, and then continuing on to China, Japan, and back to Bangkok in March and April for as long as I can remember. By the time Nautica gets to India, it's May and its hot (upper 90s) and I'd rather be in North Carolina.  By going in January, Sirena will be enjoying average temperatures will be in the low 80s. As noted in my initial post, it's not about being there, but being there at the right time.

2 hours ago, NC Garden Traveler said:

We love to cruise in January and February, but after several cruises in the Caribbean, we want to do something else. The Southern Hemisphere during this time period is their summer and is hot. I was delighted to see that Sirena' in the winter of 2020-21 is doing South Asia  I'm a believer in being at the right place at the right time and think going to India in January is a great idea. Very few other cruise lines are in the area at that time of year. 

We also were excited with the new offerings on the Sirena for 2020-21 in the result of Cuba cancellation for the same time. Actually, we’ve already booked January 5th, 2021 from Mumbai to Rangoon. Also looking forward to arranging land tours in India (Rajasthani) and Burma on the both ends. I’m afraid it still will be very hot in January there, but we did a pre-cruise in India with Oceania in January couple years ago and it wasn’t that bad.

5 minutes ago, NC Garden Traveler said:

Nautica has been doing its annual Cape Town to Singapore run every February, and then continuing on to China, Japan, and back to Bangkok in March and April for as long as I can remember. By the time Nautica gets to India, it's May and its hot (upper 90s) and I'd rather be in North Carolina.  By going in January, Sirena will be enjoying average temperatures will be in the low 80s. As noted in my initial post, it's not about being there, but being there at the right time.

You are right, I should write our cruise from Mumbai was in May - so we hope for a nice weather in January.

Olga