NCL with young girls - Pants/dresses every night??

Jayhawk

I saw the post below but not really sure it answered my question.

We are sailing on the Dream in a month. Are my girls (2 and 3.5) not allowed to wear shirts and shorts for dinner at all? I anticipate bringing a couple of dresses/pants for formal nights or nicer dinners, but didn't want to pack 2 complete changes of outfits for all 7 days, meaning 7 shorts and 7 dresses/pants * 2 children. Are there any casual places you can eat dinner and not have to worry about shorts?

Also, we're sailing out of Houston, so I guess I could just throw jeans on them every night.

You can certainly eat in the buffet areas in shorts/t-shirts, but to my knowledge, that's a no-no in the formal dining rooms. We're taking our 3.5 year old on the NCL Jewel in March, and I plan on brining capri pants and little sun dresses for night time.

Even if you want to eat in the dining room, you really don't need 7 different outfits. You can do 1 pair capris with 2 different tops and then a skirt with 2 different tops. And then a couple of dresses for the formal nights. No one will notice if you reuse pieces, as long as you look nice, neat, clean, etc.

And don't be afraid to pack less and send out your laundry! It's worth the money not to have to lug so much stuff.

Archived