Returning to Cruise ship when @ Port

I have a question, that I forgot to ask...yet, another question, I know, I know-LOL!!

When you are in port and they tell you that you have to be back ont he ship by a certain time, is it port time or ship time? This is confusing to me, as I have read varying posts about this. we will be on the Inspiration if this helps any. I just want to know how to set our watches. Do I set our watches to port time or ship time?

Thanks once again for your replies.

Jenny 'Soon To Be' Smith

Honeymoon Cruise/Inspiration

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;5;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

SHIP TIME! I plan on always leaving my watch on ship time.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Stay on ship time. If you hear the horn sound you better come a runnin!

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

Ship time and always allow a bit for unforeseen emergencies. We have watched taxis dumping people at the last minute. As one cruise director we had said, "The absolutely worst place to be when the ship is sailing is on the pier watching it leave."

I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly about Carnival, but I know that on Princess, the ship time changes as you change time zones, so ship time would be the same as port time. The daily announcements had a reminder that the time would be changing.

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

I nearly missed the ship in Grand Caymen because of the time difference. Our cab driver/tour guide was on island time and we were on ship time-nearly ended up on island time for good. As Jimmy Buffett says, "now you're running on island time." Could be worse. icon_cool.gif

JV

Based on what Britt-Britt said, it appears that whether of not the ship adjusts to the time zone depends on the ship. In the past, most ships we have been on have adjusted to differences in time zones; however, we were on the Glory a few weeks ago and it stayed on Eastern time.

Regardless, the capers will usually tell you if there is a difference between ship time and local time. If so, follow ship time or you could be left behind.

Dale

Yes, the ship will be on the same time as the port. But don't count on hearing a horn blow---sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. icon_smile.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes, the ship will be on the same time as the port.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Almitra. Please note this isn't correct for all ships. For example, Puerto Vallarta on the Pride - the Pride changes time to Mountain time (Pacific Time +1), but Puerto Vallarta is Central time (Pacific Time +2). The ship does NOT change this when in port - PV will be one hour ahead of the ship.

Just keep this in mind and ALWAYS go by the ship's time - you should never miss the ship that way. icon_smile.gif

Mark ºoº

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

While sailing the Sensation-- the ship changed its clocks to port time but the Victory did not. We left our watch on ship time so as not to be late. There will be annoucments all morning of the port plus lots made the night before. Also read your cruise ships daily paper which the information will be there.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Was on the 04-04-04 sailing of the Inspiration and this ship does not change time. ALWAYS keep your watch on ship time!!!!

Judy

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

I second Marklodi's statement.

I've done the Mexican Riviera numerous times (8) and the ship only changes once to Mountain time from Pacific time. I do think this is because Mexico doesn't go on Daylight Savings Time ever, as I recall, so there time zones are always different than ours when we are on Daylight Savings Time (does this make any sense?). icon_confused.gif

I don't know about all of Mexico, but when taking their trains, ALL TRAINS IN MEXICO operate on Central Standard Time through all seasons of the year.

But, NO MATTER WHAT, time Carnival quotes as leaving port, ITS SHIP'S TIME (so I always leave my watch on ship's time)

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Archived