Has Anyone been in Aruba for Mardi Gras?

clementyne

We will be in Aruba for Mardi Gras this year and I was wondering if there will be any special "activities" going on such as parades, partying, etc.

If anyone has ever been there on Mardi Gras I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Clem

Hi clementyne. There are several parades and festivals/contests. Of the contests make sure to attend the Calypso/roadmarch contest, the Tumba contest and the Carnival Queen Elections. There are three Queen elections: The Children Queen Election, the Youth Queen Election, and the Carnival Queen Election.

There are many parades. The most popular ones are the Jouvert Morning Jam (in pyjamas) in San Nicolas, the lighting parade in Oranjestad at night, the Parades is San Nicolas (children's and adult parades, the children's parade in Oranjestad, and the Grand Parade in Oranjestad on the last Sunday. After the Grand Parade you have the burning of the Momo on the Tuesday following the Grand Parade which will conclude the Carnival season.

I'll see if I can find a schedule to provide you with the correct dates of the activities.

Thanks Jolly. I guess you beat me to the schedule. I just found out from my daughter today that the new phone book for 2006 includes a carnival event calendar for 2006.

Clementyne, I don't know when you will be here, but I do hope that you'll enjoy your stay and the festivities over here.:D :D

Archived