Wireless Internet...why so much?

Susie444

Just look 10 - 15 years down the road. It's not so far really. By then, many people will be subscribing to their own low cost satellite connections. It's already started for TV and radio. New technology will eliminate the need for dish antennas. Then watch the price of shipboard connections drop dramatically as cruise lines compete for customers with satellite subscriptions.

But - will that make our lives better? In some ways yes, and some ways no. Despite my displeasure with high cost Internet access, and the everpresent cell phone (coming soon to a ship near you) I have to remind myself to use the Internet on a cruise strictly for pleasure, not for work.

Pleasure for me means posting to my travel blog, or chatting with my family and friends via E-mail, sharing my vacation experiences with those I love. I have a strict policy of limiting my time online and staying away from work communications until my feet are firmly planted back in my home town.

Come on everyone,,, if Princess can charge for it, it will and they will pay for it. After all, as people like to point out about anthing that cost,,, you don't have to purchase the use of it. I too think it is nice to have a connection while at sea but because of the price I can give it up until I get home.

Jim

Archived