Uber in Montreal

rundent

Should I have much trouble getting an Uber at the airport around 5-5:30PM on a week-day in mid September going to a downtown hotel? I guess rush hour should be going to other way but still not an ideal time.

Edited by rundent
adding a fact

No problem at all to get Über at that time.  However, the downtown area is a construction mess along McGill College Avenue, as well as Ste-Catherine, from McGill College all the way eastward to Bleury.

This does cause some traffic, so if your hotel is in that area, it might be a bit more difficult.

Which hotel?

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your reply. This is my first time back to the city since 1960 when I cruised in with the USN. I will be staying at Le Square Philips Hotel. Looks like it's in the middle of the hotel area. This time I'll be cruising out a little more luxuriously on Oceania.

Given the construction, and the general business of Montreal streets in rush hour even with your trip being against most of the flow, you might find that a cab is cheaper than Uber. Cabs offer a fixed fare of $41 to downtown, and your hotel is well inside the boundaries, which means no worries about how long it takes for you and no Surge pricing if there's a lot of demand...

• Like 1

Martincath: I think rundent is looking for transport from the cruise port.  To get from the terminal in Old Montréal to his hotel should be a simple affair, and perhaps 15$ fare.

The fixed fare is from the airport to the downtown area.

arl: you should be fine.  There is essentially no traffic on the street where your hotel is situated.  You are a short ride from the entrance to the highway that leads to the airport.  You will be opposite to the rush hour traffic.

Taxi or Uber are pretty much the same.

2 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

Martincath: I think rundent is looking for transport from the cruise port. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, rundent said:

Should I have much trouble getting an Uber at the airport ...

'nuff said, to paraphrase the great Stan Lee 😉

Yep, from the airport. And thanks for the advice about taxis vs Uber. Will really consider that. 

I'm due to land at 4:16pm so disembarking, going through customs and getting my luggage at that hour shouldn't be at the curb before 5:15pm. Figure shouldn't get to down town before 6pm -so right in the thick of things. And that was the best flight for me.

Thanks all