What night for the specialty restaurant.

Randi S.

Can anyone suggest which night would be best to make reservations. On RCCL everyone suggested Carribbean night. Our experience has been that the food on Celebrity is so wonderful, we hate to miss out on anything great. The United States has sentimental meaning to us as our first cruise on our honymoon was on the United States. But DH is not sure he wants to go to a restaurant when the food is so good. Is there a night when the menu is only so-so? We are booked on the May 20th cruise on Infininity to Alaska.

:) Good evening,

I would suggest you do it one the 1st day at sea ( day #2,) or at the port of call with a late departure ( I think she stays un Juneau till 10/11.00pm); which gives you a '' quieter'' dining experience as you're not at sea, and we found in the past that, on late port nights, there are fewer people on board, including the SS United States restaurant, thus resulting in less hurried service.

As to doing it the 1st day at sea, it gives both of you lots of time to get spruced up to the nines....and it's a formal night on the entire ship anyways...

Good choice.

Enjoy the sailing

We've done that with sister SUMMIT in'04...Divine experience.

Cheers

CG

;)

I'm kind of on board with claud g but not totally. We pick the first formal night as you're getting dressed up anyway and the occaision of the SS United States fits. Plus if we decide to do it again, we still have time.

Where I split with claude g is that I don't think the question of how many are on the ship impacts the service delivery in the specialty restaurant. They schedule a limited number of guests and take their time for everyone. If you have not been to the specialty restaurant on an M-class ship before, it is dining as an event.

BTW I drive by the original United States every week. She still sits in our waterfront in Philadelphia, sadly faded, and waiting for NCL America (who owns her now) to decide what to do with her.....either a resurrected life of some kind or a trip to the breakers. You might be interested in this web site by the SS United States Conservancy. http://www.ss-united-states.com/

Its like something else,, i just cant think of it (sure),, when its bad,, its still GREAT!!!!

I d go to the Olympic everynight,, formal or not!!!

The steak diane, the soufflés, the cheeses, the desserts!!!

Cant wait til I within 90 days of leaving on the Millie so I can book my dinners at the Olympic!!

Don

As eveeryone says any night is great but I tend now to go on the very last night - a little treat after the gloom of packing most of the cases - and before anyone asks, yes we leave our envelopes for the dining room staff with them the night before

As eveeryone says any night is great but I tend now to go on the very last night - a little treat after the gloom of packing most of the cases -
This idea seems to be catching on. We had to take a 6:30 dinner on Infinity last week. It worked out well, we had time after dinner to pack our good clothes and still go to our table in the Trellis to say goodbye to the other two couples and hand the tip vouchers to the staff.

Archived