Legend 1/12/06 - 1/20/06

Muumuu

Just got back a few days ago and could not find any postings on our cruise. It was WONDERFUL. Had the best table mates ever. Eight women and we had a blast. Lots of rest and relaxation which is why I cruise.

A man became ill and had to be evacuated while we were at sea. The Coast Guard via heilcopter evacuated him.. Very exciting with the basket being lowered for him. We had an aft balcony and got to see it all. The captain let us know that he was fine.

Am booking same for next year.

We took the Legend last year to St. Maarten, Martinique, and Barbadoes. We had a wonderful time.

In St. Maarten we did the Rhino Riders and snorkling excursion (my husband, my 12-year old, and me). We had a wonderful time.

In Barbadoes we took a catamaran and swam with sea turtles. This was worth every penny. The boat was spotless and didn't seem too crowded. Drinks were non-stop and the food was delicious. All three of us had a wonderful time. Shop before you get on the boat though because when you get back...it's dark and all the shops are closed. The ride back during the sunset it absolutely breathtaking. You have time before you take off....go buy something.

Martinique....we did the Rum/Island Tour to Mt. Pelee. Very interesting... beautiful island. When we got back from our excursion, we adventured into town.....big mistake. We don't speak French and the people don't speak English. They were not friendly at all....we had trouble finding a taxi to take us back to the ship because it wasn't enough money for them with just the three of us. I was afraid we'd have to walk back to the ship...it would have been close time-wise.

Wonderful family vacation. Have fun.

In St. Maarten we went to the beach right by the ship. It's a 15 minute walk from the ship. Once off the pier make a right and go to the beach with the blue cushions on the chairs. I think we paid $15 for 6 lounge chairs with umbrellas. There's restaurants, bars & shopping right there. And if you like beer try finding the very small stand that sells $1 beers. And if you are looking to buy liqour, St. Maarten has the best prices(even better then the ship!!), so buy it there.

In Barbados we went to the beach again, but at a resort hotel that a friend recommended called the Bougenvillea(sp?) resort. A very beautiful place, would stay there for a week some other time. For $7.50 USD they let you use their facilities(pool, beach, equipement, bathrooms, etc.). There's also two restaurants(one inside, one outside) and a few shopping stands. Highly recommened if you want to take it easy while in Barbados.

In Martinque we did the St. Pierre Is. tour. A terrible experience!!! :( :( It was a 4 1/2 tour and 4 hours of it was spent on the bus, driving along bumpy, windy roads. By the end half the bus looked pale(including myself & my mom) and we really didn't see much. Beaches aren't recommended there, neither is shopping(very rude people) and their was only five other shore excursions to pick from. I'd pass on Martinique if a cruise was to go their again.

Just got back a few days ago and could not find any postings on our cruise. It was WONDERFUL. Had the best table mates ever. Eight women and we had a blast. Lots of rest and relaxation which is why I cruise.

A man became ill and had to be evacuated while we were at sea. The Coast Guard via heilcopter evacuated him.. Very exciting with the basket being lowered for him. We had an aft balcony and got to see it all. The captain let us know that he was fine.

Am booking same for next year.

This is why we all should have insurance. They also had a jet circling the ship during the evacuation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Grampy/Legend%20cruise/Cruise06105.jpg

I loved St. Martin and can't wait to get back there. We'll probably visit Orient Beach like we did last time, then go to my favorite store, Guavaberry Emporium to stock up on some more guavaberry liqueur. I remember they had very cheap Absolut in St. Maarten as well.

I was thinking about doing the catamaran/sea turtles thing in Barbados, too; it sounds great. Not sure what to do in Martinique, though, but I do have plenty of time to figure it out! ;)

We are booked in a BL on the Legend. I love the itinerary -- only three ports in eight days! We'll be sure to make great use of the balcony this time.

Archived