Margaritavillle - Grand Cayman

Son of a Cruiser

Looks like there will soon be a Margaritaville in Grand Cayman - very near the tender piers!!

Here is a link to an article about the new place http://www.cobo.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=988&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Did a search of this forum and didn't see any info about this, so pardon if this is old news.

Stingray City and snorkling in the morning and the afternoon at Margaritaville - sounds like a plan to me:D!

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to miss it by 2 weeks....:mad:

We went to Margaritaville in Montego Bay and loved it....so much that we are going back this cruise too...but I would have loved to do it in Grand Cayman also...especially with a swim up bar...so cool!!

margaritaville.com go just google it and go to the caribbean locations, it will have all the info. You will see the little salt shaker contest to get free drinks...it took me forever until someone brought up a good point...where would they want you to be looking :) In the shops to buy things :)

• 2 weeks later...

This would be EXCELLENT news as we are in Grand Cayman on May 2,2006.

However, I can find no mention at all of this on margaritaville site.

You'd think they would be advertising "Opening Soon".

I also noticed that Jimmy is on tour throughout April, skips May and then starts touring again in June.

If , in fact, there will be a Grand Opening May 1-2 Jimmy would be available to be there.

Sounds interesting.

natish3000 - I am beginning to wonder too:confused:. When I found this info I was pretty excited and have been looking for more info, but like you have not found any. If there will be a May 2006 opening I would think constructon would be under way by now. Maybe someone who is in Grand Cayman, or has been recently can confirm if construction is underway. I hope that the story is accurate as we will be there in December:D.

OK, I finally found a mention of the Cayman Island Margaritaville on Margaritavillecaribbean.com

"AIR MARGARITAVILLE TURNING HEADS by Margaritaville Staff on 01/18/2006

The new Air Margaritaville structure, which boasts a beautiful Jamaican/Caribbean motif captured by Interior Designer Katherine May, is turning heads at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. “We’ve done a recreation of a veranda-style great house with a cobblestone courtyard, an outdoor bar and kids’ play area,” commented Brian Jardim, chief executive officer (CEO) of Margaritaville Caribbean, the region’s premier entertainment complex. “Our customers can expect wonderful service, the usual bells and whistles and a great menu with a new jerk wrap.” The ground floor of the outlet has been transformed into a bazaar with Margaritaville merchandise while the upper floor is reserved for seating. The new Air Margaritaville has 75 staff members, rotated on two shifts. There is another Air Margaritaville in the Western concourse of the airport, in addition to satellite bars in the departure and arrival lounges. Margaritaville has a total staff complement of 140 at Sangster International Airport. There are three other locations in Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios. “We’re expanding at Turks and Caicos, building a Margaritaville at the Carnival Cruise Ship Pier and that opens in February. It will be our biggest ever and will be able to seat 700 people, the construction in Cayman Islands is half-way finished and will open in early May.” commented CEO Mr. Brian Jardim."

(here's the link http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/news_ind.php?newsid=33 )

Looks like this is still on for a May opening. Don't know why this has not been more publicized on Margaritaville.com and Margarittavillecaribbean.com.

This is the quote from the website

“We’re expanding at Turks and Caicos, building a Margaritaville at the Carnival Cruise Ship Pier and that opens in February. It will be our biggest ever and will be able to seat 700 people, the construction in Cayman Islands is half-way finished and will open in early May.” commented CEO Mr. Brian Jardim.

You can also see this at

http://buffettworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5832

He will not be there in May but will make an appearance shortly after.

Hope this helps everyone.

We are going to be on the May 7th sailing of Carnival Victory, so I was hoping Margaritaville was going to be open in Grand Caymen on the 1st so I emailed the company asking about it opening on May 1st and got this response:

"We’re told sometime this summer but no specific date just yet.

Margaritaville

Toll Free 1.800.COCOTEL (262.6835)"

This was from someone at Margaritaville Key West. Not the most informative answer, but it is not looking promising for May 1st if the people at the company don't even have a date yet...bummer!

Adam

We are going to be on the May 7th sailing of Carnival Victory, so I was hoping Margaritaville was going to be open in Grand Caymen on the 1st so I emailed the company asking about it opening on May 1st and got this response:

"We’re told sometime this summer but no specific date just yet.

Margaritaville

Toll Free 1.800.COCOTEL (262.6835)"

This was from someone at Margaritaville Key West. Not the most informative answer, but it is not looking promising for May 1st if the people at the company don't even have a date yet...bummer!

Adam

The Caribbean Margaritaville locations are actually operated by a different company than the ones in the US, so don't give up hope - the people in Key West may not have the latest information.I hope it's open when you go but if it's not at least you will have a good reason to book another cruise to Grand Cayman:D!

I'm going to Grand Cayman...yep, you guessed it...the week before it's scheduled to open. I think I'll be GC on the 26th...that sucks! I would have loved to have gone...unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to hit up the Margaritaville in Ochos the next day as I already have a full day planned!

I'm afraid I have bad news for those of you sailing in May - I emailed margaritavillecaribbean.com and recieved the following response: "Tentatively set for July 1, 2006" . :( !

Guess they are running on "Island Time"

Good news for those of us who are planning to be there later in the year:)! Looks like the construction is underway and it will be open mid summer.

Looking SO forward to hitting this one and the one in Ocho Rios. Does anyone know if there's a limit on the "free margarita" coupons per visit? I could rack up a FEW between now and 4/07, LOL. :p

Hey -- leave a few margaritas for us;)!!

BTW- LOVE your screen name!! My DW could have used that - we have two adult daughters who are big Parrotheads. They grew up listening to Buffett:D!

I'm sending this from the Coral Princess Internet Cafe. Last Thursday we were in Montego bay and went to Margaritaville near Doctor's Cave Beach. Great place, good food, awesome drinks, no beach per se, but water toys right in front of the restaurant (110' water slide, water trampolines). Anyway, while we were eating, we spoke with the manager-in-training for the Cayman store, and he said they will open there July 1. :)

Archived