B4 stateroom 4199

jcwalk19

Hi

Have just booked my first cruise/ transatlantic crossing on QM2 in August. Only B4 cabin left was 4199- has anybody ever stayed in this one before? I was thrilled there was one left in this category when I booked, but now am a little concerned as to why it was the last one? Have checked deck plans and does not seem to be interconnecting with another room and is situated starboard aft.

Also as am completely new to cruising, can anybody give advice on what to wear to embark- especially for ladies? Also have booked later dining in Brittania- any opinions on this?

Thank you! :)

Hi,

It depends which direction you are sailing. US to UK you should be starboard if you want to see any sun, and vice versa to New York. Westbound the Statute of Liberty will be on the port side and vice versa Eastbound. Hope that this helps.

JCWALK19,

For embarkation just wear what ever you would feel comfortable walking into a Hyatt or JW Marriot hotel. Unlike older ships, most of the cabins are the same size/shape for a given grade. I can tell you that the B Grade balcony cabins are just fine for most mortals (and some immortals too- see Cabin 6065 below :eek:) You will have a great time on QM2 and I may be there in August. Which sailing are you doing?

jcwalk19 quote:

Also have booked later dining in Brittania- any opinions on this?

What you'd like to do before and after dinner will determine which seating you'll find convenient. If you really want to eat at the Afternoon Tea, you might be happier with the second seating. Since the shows for our Caribbean cruise were 8:45 and !0:45, passengers booked for the second seating who were interested in ballroom dancing (10-12:15) in the Queen's Room and the dance instructors' wonderful exhibitions were frustrated, because if they went to the 10:45 show, they wouldn't arrive in the Queen's Room until after 11:45. They missed the dance exhibitions and good viewing seats for the dancing. If they were single women, they wouldn't be asked to dance by the gentlemen hosts, because they were seated too far away to be noticed by them. Also, they weren't able to switch to the earlier seating time. Sometimes they chose to eat at an alternative dining venue. They quickly tired of standing in the back of the Queen's Room, and we offered to save seats for two of them at our table. We dined in the first seating, and it was great! We sometimes nibbled a little at the Afternoon Tea, had time to dress for dinner, exited the show at 9:45+, and found a good table for the ballroom dancing which began at 10:00. A few times when there wasn't a theme night in the Queen's Room, we enjoyed the trio playing in the Wintergarden.

Hi

Have just booked my first cruise/ transatlantic crossing on QM2 in August. Only B4 cabin left was 4199- has anybody ever stayed in this one before? I was thrilled there was one left in this category when I booked, but now am a little concerned as to why it was the last one? Have checked deck plans and does not seem to be interconnecting with another room and is situated starboard aft.

Also as am completely new to cruising, can anybody give advice on what to wear to embark- especially for ladies? Also have booked later dining in Brittania- any opinions on this?

Thank you! :)

We're booked in a B4 for the Hawaii run. I called Cunard to see if they could describe it to me. After telling me all they could about it, they pointed me to their website http://www.cunard.com/QM2/default.asp?Active=onboard&sub=accommodations1 which will show you the B1 through B6 cabins. 269 sq ft including the balcony. According to the rep I spoke to, the balcony measures about 35 sq ft. If that's accurate then you've got about 234 sq ft. to play with in the cabin :) I don't think any of the B4s are obstructed view but I could be wrong. Best bet would be to call 800-7-CUNARD and have them describe that particular one for you. They were more than happy to do that for me :)

I have previously had your cabin on a 8 day Caribbean cruise in June of 2004. I found it to be quite nice. I thought it was the same cabin when I read your post late last night but could not disturb the spouse to find out for sure. I did find my dinning room card that had the cabin # 4199 on it. The cabin was quite comfy and spacious by cruiseship standards.

The nicest room I have had on any new ship. :)

I liked that I was close to the water ( well at least 4 stories above)

and could hear the water sloshing by when on my balcony. Also I could just detect the faintest hum of the engines and props when under way.

As the cabin is very far aft.

1914553145_B-4cabin.JPG.64c9b63476ff118c7978cb91d930ee16.JPG

I have included photo of cabin before I messed it up...

Have a great cruise..

I have previously had your cabin on a 8 day Caribbean cruise in June of 2004. I found it to be quite nice. I thought it was the same cabin when I read your post late last night but could not disturb the spouse to find out for sure. I did find my dinning room card that had the cabin # 4199 on it. The cabin was quite comfy and spacious by cruiseship standards.

The nicest room I have had on any new ship. :)

I liked that I was close to the water ( well at least 4 stories above)

and could hear the water sloshing by when on my balcony. Also I could just detect the faintest hum of the engines and props when under way.

As the cabin is very far aft.

[ATTACH]15954[/ATTACH]

I have included photo of cabin before I messed it up...

Have a great cruise..

Tom,

Hmmmm......looks like we're going to have to move that table if we're to pull the sofa bed out. Thanks for the pix :) it'll help in our planning too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived