anyone been on majesty of the seas before

I am thinking of booking this for my 30th anniversary but after reading reviews on it I am not sure.It seems to have a lot of complaints .I just came back from a 4 day cruise on fascination and had a great time. Any suggestions or opinions on this I would appreciate.

Hummmm.. I've been on the big, medium and small with RCCL. I have been on the Majestey a few times and will be on her again in less than 2 weeks. Yes, she's older, but not old by any means when it comes to ships. She's always been well taken care of and the crew has many years of service on her. They know her well. I believe she is going into drydock, next week if she isnt already there. Granted, she's not the Voyager, or Explorer but she is romantic and comfortable. I know that ship like the back of my hand. Yes, the cabins are tiny. I've had Junior Suites on the Explorer/Voyager that you could fit the Majesty cabin inside the walk in closet of the JS. If you know what you are getting into, you will be ok. We visit this ship for a quick and reasonable get a way. She does 3 and 4 nighters now, when back in the day she did 7 nighters. Hope I helped and look for my review when we return. Were on the Feb 13th sailing M-F cruise. Key West, here we come.

Remember, what ever you decide (research) you will have a good time. Happy Anniversary.

I agree with Voyager. We've been on the Majesty before and are going again in March. It's an older ship, but she's been well taken care of. We expected the worse, and got the best last year when we went on her. Can't beat the deal we got on our March cruise. It's just the right size for a short getaway.

Yes, the cabins are small, but how much time do you actually spend there when you are awake. One hint, pack light. It's a short cruise you don't need a lot of luggage. We took just over carry ons and were fine.

Yes, the pool deck is faded, but the carpet looked like it was in good shape,and everything was freshly painted. They we polishing and painting the Majesty every day like they do on the other ships.

We were on the Radiance in November and she showed more wear than the Majesty did.

A cruise is what you make of it. If you go with a bad attitude it will affect your trip. If you go with a positive attitude you will have a good time.

Give the Majesty a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed on Majesty Oct. 2005 on the 4 night. Myself, Husband and 12 year old son. This was our 3rd cruise. For the price it was wonderful and you can overlook the items like the smaller rooms and elevators usually full. We were never in the room and hardly on the ship with the 3 ports. I found our room on the 6th floor very clean and well kept and did not smell. With the 6th floor we also found it easy to take the stairs going down 1-2 floors for dinner and shopping and up a couple more for more food and sunshine.

The biggest complaints my boys had was the game room was very small and there was no lobster.

Our ports in Nassau (spent the day at Atlantis by booking a room at the Comfort Suites) and 2 days at Coco Cay were great. We missed Key West due to Wilma but all we the weather we saw was the beautiful sunshine!

I am planning to do this cruise again this coming Oct. But first I am looking forward to Carnival Glory in June!

You should give the Cruise a try and think of the money you are saving just for some of the luxery looks of the newer ships!

Archived