Transportation from Venice train station to ship

Hi Maria,

You could walk the short distance to Piazzle Roma where a shuttle should be waiting or you could take the number 82 water bus from the Station (Ferrovia) to San Basilio next to the Statzione Marittima. To get from the Station to Piazzale Roma cross the bridge to your left as you exit the station and then turn right and follow the signs for the short walk to Piazzale Roma.

Mike

Mike,

How far would it (theoretically) be to walk from the P. Roma to the Marittima? Looking at the maps of Venice, it never seemed like more than a few hundred yards, in a sort of west-south-westerly direction.

Have I got this completely wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm interested because I was supposed to have done this last Friday, but our trip was canx - I'm wondering whether I might still be wandering around Venice looking for my ship.

TIA.

Hi Globaliser,

It is a reasonalbe a walk and with luggage I would say it would be difficult.I would put it at about 15/20 minutes. [url="http://WWW.vtp..it"]WWW.vtp..it[/url] gives the exact location

Mike

[This message was edited by Mike Andrews on 05-12-04 at 02:18 PM.]

Globaliser go to this thread:
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=109097554&m=842109171"]Directions in Venice, Italy.[/url]

Here I have gone into a little more detail than Mike has. When you get to Piazzale Roma you should have a shuttle bus that will take you to the Venezia Terminal Passeggeri (Cruise Terminal), so there won't be any need for you to walk into the port area. The walk from Santa Lucia railway station to Piazzale Roma should be around the 15/20 minute mark as suggested by Mike. From train station to the VTP it will probably be 40 minutes walk with luggage. Good luck on your next chance visiting Venice.

Cheers

We took a cruise from Venice last year and were arriving by train from Vicenza. We were advised to disembark the train at [B]Mestre[/B] and take a cab. No hassle and no traffic.
Fran

Please note the 82 waterbus only goes to San Basilio next to the Stazione Marittima. To get to the Cruise Terminal and Bacino Stazione Marittima it is an easier option to get to Piazzale Roma and take the shuttle. Go to [url="http://WWW.vtp.it"]WWW.vtp.it[/url] for the exact location of the cruise terminal.

[This message was edited by Mike Andrews on 05-21-04 at 03:11 AM.]

Mike,

You are so informed abouteverything. Our 1st med. cruise this july on Princess. We going to try and do ports on our own, too expensive thru priness ( with 2 a & 2 teens). I tried to figure train from Civi. to rome and it doesn't seem to bad, not sure if I need just a seat or reservations too. But could you tell me how to get from Venice airport to ship.

Liz

Hi Liz,

My preferred route is to take the Alilaguna Boat Airport Service ([url="http://WWW.alilaguna.it"]WWW.alilaguna.it[/url]) into St maks and then the Alilaguna service into the Cruise terminal,but the easiest way is to simply take a cab from the Airport especially as there are four of you with luggage.

Mike

Definitely get off at the Mestre train station and take a cab. It was not expensive last year, maybe 12 euros, and the driver will know exactly where to take you to unload your luggage for your cruise line. It will be too hot to try and drag luggage around Venice that time of year. Save your energy for mooching around after you check-in.

Archived