Fascination - Nassau - suggestions

celbercrz333

I went on the Fascination two years ago. IS this a first cruise for you? I would definitely recommend doing the ship's excursions. Others may disagree, though. When we were there, we took a walk through town (it was very hot!) and picked up a few items as souvenirs. Then we went through the straw market (could've passed that up). We got a water taxi right by the pier ($6 pp roundtrip)to Paradise Island. The little boat sloshed up and down and we were forced to wait until the taxi was filled to overcrowding. I'm very prone to motion sickness so it was a little tough on me, even with the patch. Once the taxi got going the ride was ok but we took a land taxi back. Once we got to Paradise Island, we felt the price to view the Dig was a little high so we didn't do it. There are security guards everywhere and the only activity you are allowed to participate in at this resort is gambling and shopping. So, if you really want to see Atlantis, I'd suggest the ship's excursion. All of the beaches are pretty much for hotel guests only so if your vision on this cruise is to see a brochure-like beach, I'd take the ship's beach break.

I hope this helps. Other's may have had different experiences than we did, though.

Have a great time!

**Jennifer**

Fascination 5/02

The shopping is not a must see, but if you've never done it you will always wonder what you missed so spend an hour or two.

Check of the excursion to the Atlantis and the cost of a room at the Comfort Inn. Guests there get to use the Atlantis property. Also the watertaxis always wait until they are full and you could be waiting a long while.

I have been to the Atlantis/Paradise Island several times and found that even if it is a few dollars more, a cab ride is much faster, and more pleasant. Have a great time!

When will you be on the Fascination? I will be on it the last week of June to Cozumel. If you go before then please let me know about the ship. Thanks!

Archived