Prime Rib vs Super Bowl???!??!??!?!

happy cruzin

From searching the threads it looks like the first formal night for Western Triumph is usually Sunday night (the first full day at sea). Can someone who has sailed recently confirm?? :confused:

Now for my real issue.....since Sunday will be the Super Bowl, will we have to decided between the game and prime rib???? :eek: Don't get me wrong....since we are from Pittsburgh there is really no decision to be made...football will win. :D I am just really hoping that I do not lose out on the formal night dinner - because we want to watch the Super Bowl.

Does anyone know if they have ever changed formal nights because of an event like the Super Bowl??

Go Steelers!!! :D

If my team were in the Super Bowl, there would be no question... the Prime Rib on the ship isn't nearly good enough to make me miss the game!! There are plenty of options on the ship, grab something to eat and watch the game. They have prime rib on the second formal night, so you can always just get it then.

they should drag tvs into the dining rooms...just kidding of course before the flames come out...

I have the same dilemea on the Liberty next week...we asked for late seating so we should be able to watch the first half...I guess we can make 'a game time decision' on if we attend dinner or not.

This should also be the captian's cocktail party, so it could be pretty tricky getting everthing set up with all the lounges being used at once...I know on past trips, they've used some of the larger lounges for the superbowl, but now they'll have the HH as well...who knows...

I know on our Liberty sailing, we're so booked with islands that I dobut they move this...I don't want to miss my lobster tail, but I also don't want to miss Ben being the youngest QB to win a superbowl and what is likely Bussies last stop

they should drag tvs into the dining rooms...just kidding of course before the flames come out...

I have the same dilemea on the Liberty next week...we asked for late seating so we should be able to watch the first half...I guess we can make 'a game time decision' on if we attend dinner or not.

This should also be the captian's cocktail party, so it could be pretty tricky getting everthing set up with all the lounges being used at once...I know on past trips, they've used some of the larger lounges for the superbowl, but now they'll have the HH as well...who knows...

I know on our Liberty sailing, we're so booked with islands that I dobut they move this...I don't want to miss my lobster tail, but I also don't want to miss Ben being the youngest QB to win a superbowl and what is likely the Bus's last stop

OOPS...for got to add my point about eating at the buffet...:rolleyes: ...They have TVs there...you can watch & eat.

The Truimph has TV's in the buffet??? I would think that would be irritating to those who care to watch or hear TV when eating... ick.

we will be on the glory, 3 hrs out from nassau..will the sports bars on all the ships have wings and potato skins, etc?...we love our wings in va..

they have food, but is more like the stuff the server at the happy hours, like mushrooms, fried stuff, and other finger foods...not sure about chicken wings, and I don't think I've ever seen potatoe skins on board...

There are no TVs in the buffet.....:confused:

I'm like GC...I'm not missing the game for prime....you can have that anytime......I'd grab some food before, halftime, and afterwards....Hell... pizza, beer, and superbowl....AT SEA?....yeah...I'm ALL over that.......plus I'm soooo pulling for the Steelers!:D ..My new adopted team since Dallas failed.:( .AGAIN!:mad:

I'm actually only talking about the Elation...it ad TVs in the buffet. We couldn't hear them unless we were standing right there. I remember them being there because we were on our cruise when the new Pope was elected(is that the word?) & people were occasionally going over to see what was happening. They were back by the Pizza place.

I'm actually only talking about the Elation...it ad TVs in the buffet. We couldn't hear them unless we were standing right there. I remember them being there because we were on our cruise when the new Pope was elected(is that the word?) & people were occasionally going over to see what was happening. They were back by the Pizza place.

So true....the back bar on Elation.....loved it.....as well as the one on Sensation.:D

There are no TVs in the buffet.....

I'm like GC...I'm not missing the game for prime....you can have that anytime......I'd grab some food before, halftime, and afterwards....Hell... pizza, beer, and superbowl....AT SEA?....yeah...I'm ALL over that.......plus I'm soooo pulling for the Steelers!:D ..My new adopted team since Dallas failed.:( .AGAIN!:mad:

I'm with you the decision was simple...no decision to be made!! I just thought I had to ask if there was anyway I was going to "have my cake and eat it too". I am the one who enjoys the formal nights...food, atmosphere, photos, formal wear. :rolleyes: DH is the one who is the prime rib nut....but he is also a HUGE Steelers fan. So.... football it is, with pizza, beer, buffet - or whatever - and the STEELERS...all at sea. What could be better???

Go Steelers......one for the thumb!! :D

I was on the Triumph during last years superbowl. They had the first formal night on Monday instead of Sunday. The whole back of the ship..deck 5 was set up as one big Superbowl party.

Now that would be the best option yet......big Super Bowl party on Sunday and formal night on Monday. Let's hope that they do the same for this year!! Thanks for the info :D

Not game related, but last year on Conquest they changed our second formal night since we were docking Thursday night (instead of Friday morning) in Cozumel due to our missing Grand Cayman. Hope you get to have your cake and eat it too! Go Steelers!

I was on the Triumph during last years superbowl. They had the first formal night on Monday instead of Sunday. The whole back of the ship..deck 5 was set up as one big Superbowl party.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the game. You could always order room service if you really want to focus on the game.

I always seem to be on vacation during the Super Bowl, but last year we didn't leave on our winter vacation until after the Super Bowl. It was nice to be home to see our PATS win. We will be at Disney World Super Bowl Sunday, but we'll have to get back for the game. My sister from Seattle had to watch the PATS play the Panthers with me on vacation two years ago, so I promised her I would cheer on her Seahawks this year.

Hope those Pittsburgh fans enjoy their game in Detroit, because a year from now we will be heading to Miami for fun in the sun and to see our PATS win again.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

You can have prime rib any night, watch your game. There would be NO question in my mind if it were my team playing. Plus, if it WERE my team, no way could I eat. LOL!

Best of luck to your Steelers, I'm REALLY pulling for them! Enjoy the game AND the cruise.

Last July when my wife started looking for this years cruise her preferred date was February 5th. I checked the Super Bowl date and it was the same and said she could go but I would be at home in front of the 63 inch high definition TV. We compromised and will be on the Legend February 13th.

The Wheels on the Bus go round and round…..GO STEELERS!!!!!1

I was on the Spirit last year over Super Bowl and they too changed the formal night to Monday night. We had chili cheese dogs and other apps in the sports bar. Other than a small incident of knocking over and tearing the photo screen of the ship, it was a very successful day in the sports bar! Enjoy the Super Bowl and your Prime Rib!

We will be at Disney World Super Bowl Sunday, but we'll have to get back for the game.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

If they aren't already booked up, try to get reservations at the ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk - surrounded by 100 TV screens, I'm thinking it will be Superbowl Heaven in there come Sunday! :) I'll be on Liberty - hopefully watching the game on the big screen!

Sorry to you and your sister, but GO STEELERS! :) ;)

Archived