Weekend of Aug.24-25 - 3 hot spots!

PelicanBill

15 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Well, First you have to cross paths with that nonsense over Florida now. That's expected to be Wed.-Thu. so I am guessing your ship must alter course to slip behind it. Could impact your GT arrival. If the strength does not increase they will sail straight through so expect a rough passage with a lot of rain in that case.

I think, at this point, you will arrive PR and DR after Dorian has passed if the forecast holds up.

EDIT: I took a second look and since you sail late on Tuesday, it will be pretty easy to slip behind the storm with minimal delay in my opinion.

Thank you for the update!  I guess what will be, will be.....appreciate your information!!

3 hours ago, HappyTravels said:

My daughter's wedding cruise is 9/1 on the Allure. We're pretty nervous about this. Any predictions?

Try to stay calm as it's a long time away in hurricane days.  Let's see mid week. As you know they've already moved Allure to the west for this week.  The question will be what it does 9/1-9/2 when it *could* be heading into SE Florida.  We can't be sure, and we can't know it's strength by then. Too early.

Well, disturbance 98L is still on the radar.  It has moved well off Florida now and has an 80% chance to become a named depression and could be tropical storm or subtropical storm.  It should pass safely away from Bermuda but could then bring stormy weather to the Canadian Maritimes just as fall foliage cruises are underway.

It will be well offshore of the US so cruises from NY should have no problem steering around it.

98L has become Tropical depression 6 and will soon get a name as a tropical storm. It will head somewhat harmless NE but may Bri g stormy weather to the Canada coast.

it could interfere with Bermuda cruises tomorrow and Especially Wednesday so watch for news of shortened Bermuda stays to get home and longer sailing out of NY to go around behind it Thursday.

TD6 is moving more slowly than expected.  Still forecast to grow to a tropical storm, but moving into the area between NYC and Bermuda Wednesday and Thursday then moving quickly up to the Canada Maritimes Friday and Saturday.

Well this could still get a name.  Anthem of the Seas is on her way from Bermuda to NYC now, and has decided to go straight on and beat the storm rather than delay and steer behind.  In the pasts ships left a little early to ensure they would beat the storm so I hope their ride is smooth.