Where to go for food and drinks in Montego Bay

Mommyof1

This is will be my 2nd time in Jamaica and my 1st experience wasn't the greatest. We did the city type tour through Carnival and I just wasn't impressed and didn't feel safe. This time we've contemplated just staying on the ship but since we'll be in port from 8a-5p my husband is wanted to see if there's somewhere to go for lunch and drinks. I understand we can't just walk anywhere so I know we'll need to get a taxi, but I'm a little nervous. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We went to Scotchie's and loved it, especially the festival bread.  We ordered Red Stripe, but I believe they also have a bar there.  It is about a 20-25 min drive from the cruise port though.  The first time we were there, we booked a private tour all the way to 9 Mile.  They took us to various locations, including Scotchies and shopping at different places, and we felt absolutely safe the entire time while sightseeing, shopping, and eating.  They stayed with us at every place (except when we went into Bob Marley's house) so maybe that could be an option to help you feel more at ease?  We felt absolutely comfortable in every place they took us, but it was good to know they were there if we needed them.  Good luck and hope you have a better experience this time around!

3 hours ago, bmar808 said:

Hello,

We went to Scotchie's and loved it, especially the festival bread.  We ordered Red Stripe, but I believe they also have a bar there.  It is about a 20-25 min drive from the cruise port though.  The first time we were there, we booked a private tour all the way to 9 Mile.  They took us to various locations, including Scotchies and shopping at different places, and we felt absolutely safe the entire time while sightseeing, shopping, and eating.  They stayed with us at every place (except when we went into Bob Marley's house) so maybe that could be an option to help you feel more at ease?  We felt absolutely comfortable in every place they took us, but it was good to know they were there if we needed them.  Good luck and hope you have a better experience this time around!

Do you remember the name of the tour or tour company?