Conquest Is Moving :)

b8tzm

did it leave at 7 p.m. central or eastern time?

I am so frustrated! We were there but we decided not to go watch the ship leave and had dinner instead. We were leaving dinner at about 6.30 central time. If I had known she was just leaving, I probably could have gotten to see her go! We just assumed we missed it and went on home.

Hey all,

I too sat by the webcam Sunday evening to watch the Conquest make her way out of the port. But, thinking she would have to turn around, I decided to save the images to my computer...just in case.

Well, we were treated to a show. It took me a bit to get the images in the correct order and fiddle with titles/music/webspace...but I have a video file created from the webcam images. Two versions with the same images...slightly different music versions. It lasts only about 1 minute.

Due to the size, I posted them here http://home.austin.rr.com/candles4u/

Let me know if you like it.

I have the full-screen versions (640x480) but the video gets larger than my "free" site will allow. :(

rns

Hey all,

I too sat by the webcam Sunday evening to watch the Conquest make her way out of the port. But, thinking she would have to turn around, I decided to save the images to my computer...just in case.

Well, we were treated to a show. It took me a bit to get the images in the correct order and fiddle with titles/music/webspace...but I have a video file created from the webcam images. Two versions with the same images...slightly different music versions. It lasts only about 1 minute.

I have the full-screen versions (640x480) but the video gets larger than my "free" site will allow. :(

rns

THAT WAS AWESOME! GREAT MUSIC CHOICE

Hey all,

rns

TOTALLY AWESOME!!

That was so cute! Thanks for sharing the movie with us! I would also like to know how you did that!

thanks

Thanks for the kind words 'yall. ;)

It was fairly easy:

Step 1: Grab images from the Galveston webcam. I ended up with 77

Step 2: Use MS Movie Maker that ships with XP. Could have used another I have that allows for more trasitions, etc...but this was a simple series.

Step 3: Set the default image import time to 0.5 seconds.

Step 4: Import all the images...in the correct order.

Step 5: Put some fancy-schmancy text at the beginning and end of the images

Step 6: Add the audio clip and "line up" the pieces you want.

Step 7: Preview to get it all "right"

Step 8: Save and publish

If I have time, energy, and a creative muse I might have some fun with the images and sound. Nothing like some of the other cruise videos I've seen posted here...but fun stuff anyway.

Feel free to use it yourself...my S&S account is being credited for every view.:rolleyes:

rns

I grabbed some pics at the galveston cam site, imported them into Memories on TV, had to mess with the timing a little as well as the transitions so that it looked more like stream, but I did it! Now, who can I con into grabbing the pics when we leave on our next cruise??? OOOHHHHH

TinaJ

Thanks for the kind words 'yall. ;)

If I have time, energy, and a creative muse I might have some fun with the images and sound. Nothing like some of the other cruise videos I've seen posted here...but fun stuff anyway.

Feel free to use it yourself...my S&S account is being credited for every view.:rolleyes:

rns

It was a very cool video. Thank you for making it available. I thought the group was going to break out into singing "London Homesick Blues" - the theme song from Austin City Limits. "Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen..."

Those of us in Louisiana could watch the video humming "Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans"... We miss the Coinquest and not having any port here until October :( . Perhaps the Freedom will come here.

Hi again.

The music is from the group Bowling for Soup - you know, the "1985" group. The song is "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)". A cute song that obviously has a Texas following. It's about a guy's girlfriend that runs off with "some guy named Leland who lives in Cleveland". It got a lot of radio airtime when UT played Ohio State last September. Particularly the lyric

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio, except the snow and the rain" :) BTW, it was sunny and 72 in Austin yesterday. :plol

Thought it would be a little better than "Beneath the Sea"...plus all I could find is the midi file for that.

The Austin City Limits theme would have been good...didn't think about it. I do feel for the Louisiana folks not having any cruises until Oct...but Galveston is only a 3-4 hour drive for me. If yall get the Freedom, then maybe the Conquest can "Come back to Texas":D

Anyway, I guess you could turn the volume down and sing your own song if you want.

Only 46 days...<sigh>

rns

Archived