Weight Problems?

I am curious I am about 6' 2", 310 lbs...a BIG guy more wide than tall I know :). My question is, is this going to cause problems for me in various ways? I am a very active BIG guy and like sports and all that stuff, I am just wondering if there is going to be anything that is going to make it mroe difficult. I have lost 40 lbs(was 350) so far for this cruise but now its only 1 month away, and am getting nervous about it now. I just want to do everything, or at least be aware of things so they don't suprise me! I am going to West Car March 4th NOS.

Thanks in advanced..

I am curious I am about 6' 2", 310 lbs...a BIG guy more wide than tall I know :). My question is, is this going to cause problems for me in various ways? I am a very active BIG guy and like sports and all that stuff, I am just wondering if there is going to be anything that is going to make it mroe difficult. I have lost 40 lbs(was 350) so far for this cruise but now its only 1 month away, and am getting nervous about it now. I just want to do everything, or at least be aware of things so they don't suprise me! I am going to West Car March 4th NOS.

Thanks in advanced..

Nope. Shouldn't have any effect at all.:)

I certainly wouldn't think so. I can't think of anything. I travel with my father-in-law who is about 6'3" and 300+ lbs. I can't think of anything that has limited him because of his size. He has MS, and that's limiting, but I can't think of a thing that is size related.

Good for you for losing weight! I know it's not easy! Now if I could just lose 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks or so before my cruise I'd be so happy! (but I'm not holding my breath!)

You are 310 at 6 feet 2 inches...do not worry about your cruise. I have seen passengers who appeared to outweigh you by quite a bit. I have even seen a few that made me wonder how they managed in typical crowded cruise ship bathrooms, especially the showers.

I really can't think of any challenge that would be difficult for you. Have a really great time.

Thanks in advanced..

My father in law was about 6'3" and every bit of 350 pounds if not more and he enjoyed many cruises. It was listening to him that got us on a cruise ship. Don't worry about it and enjoy yourself.

Johnny-

My dear hubby is 6'5", 280 & I'm quite economy sized myself.

Both of us usually have a close personal relationship with the shower curtain. We just take out the TP roll and anything else that should not get wet, and have a shower with the curtain open. Then, I sop up the splatters with the wet towels when we're all finished.

Your feet may overhang the end of the bed a bit.

Some of the tours also have a weight restriction - horseback riding, zip lining, and some helicopter tours come to mind. They are clearly marked.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Thanks in advanced..

I am 6'4" 320lbs. I had no problems at all anywhere on the ship or off on my cruise. Like the previous poster said some excursions have weight limits and height limits. There were some people on the ship that made me look small and they were in bikinis, lol. You don't have a thing to worry about!!

Both of us usually have a close personal relationship with the shower curtain.

I think EVERYONE has issues with those shower curtains. ;)

Keep in mind that RCI's newer ships (NOS included) have done away with the curtains and gone with a shower door the bows out and away from the shower itself. A little more room to play with.

Big people come in different shapes, carry their weight differently -- for those with big tummies and/or hips some of the seating on board can be tight.

Just back from Navigator -- wonderful ship, wonderful cruise.

In dining room and Windjammer, the usual chairs are tight but armless chairs are readily available -- just ask -- the crew are so eager to please. After the first night, our DR waiter Nick had my chair ready for me -- at a different position at our table for 6 each night -- what fun! In Windjammer, one of the crew (John) would make sure to have "my" chair ready for me whenever he saw me there. When John was not there, we sat at the Plaza bar (at the foreward end of Jade/Windjammer), which had armless chairs standard.

In Portofino, most bars, on deck, in our stateroom, at the ice rink, all the chairs were plenty wide.

My only problem was in the main theatre, where all the seats were narrow. Even the chairs up at the top in the wheelchair section were narrow, armed chairs. It has been my experience on most of our cruises, that the theatres are the least size-friendly locations on ship.

HTH. Don't be afraid to ask for whatever you need and have a GREAT cruise!

Hi Jonny, You sound just like me. I am a big guy too and I just lost 48 lbs putting me at 306 for now and still going down. I have been on the Navigator three times and you will have no problem. The shower doors are bowed out so you will have no problem. Just put the soap on the walls and spin around....LOL !!!! Just kidding. !! Dont worry about it you'll be fine. There are excursions with weight restrictions, but there are plenty that dont. You'll have a great time just like I did. I was worried about this too and after the 1st night I was relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the cruise. The biggest problem I had was there is soooo much good food to eat.

Relax and have fun....your gonna love it !!

Archived