Bon Voyage gifts/credits

venusjems

Me and my honey are going on our honeymoon on the glory in a little over a month. We decided that instead of doing the usual registry thing, we would request shipboard, photo, bar credit and any other bon voyage gift from our family and friends. Well I called my pvp to check to see if we have any orders yet, and she told me that i had to call the bon voyage department, called them and they told me they cant tell me what has been ordered for me. Has anyone else had this problem? I made sure to tell everyone to get me a copy of their confirmation so i can make sure we get it once we board, but it just seems a little weird why they wont tell me... Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;28;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Till my wedding!!! (Cruise +1 day and 5 hours)

Hi Venusjems. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and cruise! icon_smile.gif

I would imagine the reason they won't tell you is because other people may want their purchases to be a surprise for you. Telling you may upset the people who actually paid for the gift, and I'm sure Carnival doesn't want to ruin any surprises like that.

Have a great time, and enjoy whatever you might find in your cabin! icon_biggrin.gif

Mark ºoº

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

Yeah, I agree with Mark. The element of surprise! Don't start off your honeymoon cruise by fretting about the small stuff. icon_wink.gif

And.....Congrats!

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

If you are worried about whether all the items are delivered then I would ask those "gift-givers" to give you a copy of the confirmation in a sealed envelope. Once you are sure all the items have been delivered (some ships give you your drink coupons at dinner the first night) - then you can open the envelopes and confirm that all the items were received. This will also help with Thank Yous after the cruise. You may even consider taking pre-printed address labels for each person who has given you an onboard gift. That way you can get some nice postcards and mail from the first island as your thank you notes. The printed labels will allow you to enjoy your honeymoon. You can fill in the postcards on the Lido deck while you're enjoying that foo foo drink - you can't spend "every minute" in the cabin.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

Short one on the Celebration

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

JULY 31, 2004

I really like the thank you idea. Now how can I get cruise gifts? icon_razz.gif

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

No, the Gifts and Services Department just doesn't know.

I've been down this road before and the best bet is to have the email confirmations they send or, better yet, print the page that pops up saying your order is complete because sometimes the email confirmation doesn't happen.

If it were me I'd also request that your gift-givers give you a card from home that you'll open on board telling what they got you along with a copy of the confirmation

That is THE ONLY way you'll get the stuff they will forget on board. If you go to the Purser with those confirmation sheets they will make good on it, otherwise its a coin-toss as to if it will happen or not

I don't mean to sound too negative about this, just realistic. We always order lots of these things for each cruise and frequently are shorted one or more of them.

I learned the hard way so that you may enjoy!

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Just a follow up to the previous reply. Do not want you to get to worried. I have purchased myself and had others purchase for me on three different occasions and have never had a problem. Similiarly though, I had people send a greeting card to us with the item they purchased and we then opened the cards on board while cruising, it was fun. And I also always preprint my address lables for my postcards to everyone it saves alot of time while sailing -PS do not buy stamps on board do it in port ,much cheaper. One other note -try to stay away from prepaid drink tickets, you rarely get the value out of them. People can also buy you ship credit starting $25 and up. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I do like the postcard idea alot. I think we may just do that. I put on our website to "make sure you provide us with a copy of the confirmation so we know what to expect on board" I just didnt want it to come out sounding demanding. But at the same time i want them to know that they can mess up and not give us what we are supposed to have. But thanks again everyone.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;28;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Till my wedding!!! (Cruise +1 day and 5 hours)

Archived