Zenith Parking in Miami

FSUSammy

I happened to call the Port of Miami just the other day to confirm the parking situation there. They told me that the parking in the garages at each end of the port, as well as outdoor lots 8 and 9 are $12 per day, and you pay when you leave, not when you arrive. If you happen to have a "disabled parking permit", there is no charge. ;)

There are several handicap parking spots in the garages, but I've never found one empty. No matter though....I just parked in a regular spot and then hung my handicap tag on the mirror as I exited and filled out the form they gave me. Thats' why I'm surprised that previous poster said that he paid on the way in. :confused: They must have changed it since the last time I was there. Anyhow, if your handicap tag is visible, it's still a freebie.....that hasn't changed. ;)

Thanks, Howard. DH has trouble walking so I hope we can find a spot handy to the ship. It is so strange. While we are on the ship he has very little trouble. Somehow his brain must compensate for the slight, sometimes more than slight, motion on board. That's why i tell him we must cruise more often.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a situation once in Ft. Lauderdale where we parked upon arriving at the terminal where the ship was docked, and returned to a different terminal when we came back. Princess provided a shuttle to the other terminal but it was a joke- a line hours long, people trying to board this van with ALL of their luggage (understandably- where were they supposed to leave it while they got their cars?)

Will we have the same situation in Miami? Are you arriving and departing at the same place?

The configuration of the Miami piers is different from those in Ft Lauderdale.

Port Everglades seems to be a lot bigger than the Miami piers and is spread out all over the place. In Miami, the ships are all in a row and I do believe they park in the same place all the time. After all, the GIGANTIC ships such as the Explorer of the Seas will only fit in a certain place so they get the same spot all the time. Even if they do come in at a different spot when they return, I don't think the walk is that far. ;)

Archived