cabo water taxi vs. land taxi

stitchintime

Has anyone taken a land taxi from the Cabo tender pier to Medano Beach? I am wondering the length of time it will take to get there and what hotel were you dropped off at. Also how is the a walk from the drop off point to the beach? From what I have been reading I am afraid that my mother will not be able to get in and out of the water taxis at the beach because of bad knees.

• 2 weeks later...

you have to walk all the way around the pier before you can get a land taxi, its a long walk.. about 30 minutes and no trees, so its hot...

we learned that this past week,,,

the only way to get to the beach quick with no walking is a water taxi,,

by the time , you walk into town you are already there at the beach, so the only option would be the water taxi, is someone there can help her????? that would be the best thing,, i think the walk might be too much,, it was hard for me,,, does she have a wheelchair?

good luck,,

melissa

Okay this answers a question I had too. My mother doesn't have bad knees but can't walk for a long time and especially in the geat if there's no shade.

We were going to just wing it in Cabo get a water taxi tour and then to Cabo Wabo and maybe a beach.

This is the one port I'm not sure of yet. Any Ideas?

Okay this answers a question I had too. My mother doesn't have bad knees but can't walk for a long time and especially in the geat if there's no shade.

We were going to just wing it in Cabo get a water taxi tour and then to Cabo Wabo and maybe a beach.

This is the one port I'm not sure of yet. Any Ideas?

i would say ,, when you get off the tender, theres a lil shopping area,, like a open aired building,, its the best shopping in cabo,, then get on a water taxi to the beach, the walk is very far,, and then you will be by alot of things.. from the beach,, its very nice there..

have fun

Thanks Melissa this answers by question. IS Cabo Wabo near where the water taxi will drop us off? Do you get to see the sea lions and stuff with this water taxi or is that another one. I've read several different things on this.

I have to jump in here. We were in Cabo in Sept and we took a taxi to Pueblo Bonita which is next to the Melia. When we got off the tender from the ship we walked to the right, maybe a block and there was a line of taxis. We walked on a sidewalk. I think the taxi was maybe $10 for 2 of us. We got to drive through downtown area to hotel. Guards at the front gate stopped cab and we told them we wanted to go have drinks and they waved us on through. We walked through the hotel lobby and out to the patio/pool area. It was 100 degrees out so we opted to sit at a patio table with an umbrella overlooking the beach area and drank Margaritas. Got a cab at the front door of hotel back to pier. My husband also would not be able to handle getting out of the tender into the water. The land taxi worked great for us. If you have a larger group, there are taxi vans at the same cab stand and I think a group ahead of us went to a hotel for the same rate we paid.

Thanks Melissa this answers by question. IS Cabo Wabo near where the water taxi will drop us off? Do you get to see the sea lions and stuff with this water taxi or is that another one. I've read several different things on this.

you can tell them you want to go there. and then they will drop you off,, not at the beach but where the personal boats are docked, and then its not too far from there, about 2 blocks or so,,

so i would get off the tender,, get a water taxi, tell them you want to go to cabo wabo and to take you to the closest exit off the water taxi ,,, and then when you come back , get a water taxi and have it take you around to the beach,, does it sound confusing im sorry,, hopefully it helps...

since we were stupid and walked around the whole dang marina :(

hahaha good luck,,,

melissa

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

IM ME

on melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

caboma1.gif

where the yellow line starts is where the tender drops you ... and then you can follow it to the plaza bonita mall, thats were the lions are and cabo wabo is a few blocks from there..

looking at this map, it looks like there might be land taxis there about halfway.. we couldnt tell since we were just walking ,, hopefully this helps some ,,

the blvd marina is what you follow into the area...

Melissa Darling,

How are you girl? Haven't talked in awhile.

The tenders arrive at what's called the main dock which is located on the south side of the marina. Water taxis are right there and will literally take you anywhere you'd like to go. You can take them from the main dock to Medano Beach, Lover's Beach etc.

Cabo Wabo is a few blocks north of the downtown core, so either way you'll be doing a bit of walking (5-10 minutes) even if a watertaxi takes you from the main dock to a private wharf on the north end. It would be more convenient for people who are disabled or movement restricted to just walk to the open air market by the main dock and take a taxi to Cabo Wabo or Medano Beach.

The tenders actually drop you off at the bottom of the street that comes down from the Hotel Finisterra. Walk from main pier to Plaza Bonita Mall is about 20-25 minutes (unless you're running) and you really don't want to do that in the heat.

I agree that the open air market is pretty good for prices (for touristy stuff). If you're interested in more artistic items or jewellery then you should really shop in town or the malls adjacent to the marina.

Land taxis are available at the end of the road from the main dock about 40yds south of the west entrance to the open air market. Land cab to Medano Beach is about 10 minutes from the main dock (tender dock).

Hope this helps.

Ciao for now!!!

Captain Ron,

Sorry I know you probably explained this very well, but I want to be sure I understand what you said. If I want a land taxi once I get off the tenders, is that where you mention that it is 10 minutes from the main dock? We would need to walk 10 minutes to reach the land taxis? Is this correct. Trying to figure out for sure for my mother.

Thank you so much!

Fun2,

No, the tenders will drop you off at the main dock. From there, you walk down the dock about 20yds tot he narina quay. Continue straight out as if you were walking out to the road. Just past the open air market building you will find the taxi stand.

Most intown taxis are green...the white ones are "airporters". Taxis from the tender "drop" point are only about 40yds, near the road that comes down from Playa del Grande and Solmar Resorts. You can't miss them, as they're all vans.

Ciao for now!!!

Ca

We are interested in going out to Los Arcos (sp) and then getting dropped off at The Office for lunch. Can we use a water taxi take us out to the Arches AND then drop us off at The Office or is the restaurant only accessible by land taxi?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for all the help.

One last question, I think. we want to do the same as susu530 said. Do the water taxi tour first then get dropped off. Is the water taxi price one way or round trip? How much would that be? I see someone posted $10 pp one way for land taxi.

Are all the water taxis about the same or should we ask and tell them what we want to get a better tour?

Sorry for so many questions on this subject but there seems to be so many different things posted on this subject throughout cc that it's cunfusing, well at least to me it is. LOL

Thanks again for all the help.

We are interested in going out to Los Arcos (sp) and then getting dropped off at The Office for lunch. Can we use a water taxi take us out to the Arches AND then drop us off at The Office or is the restaurant only accessible by land taxi?

Thanks for your help.

You can pick up a water taxi right when you get off the ship. There are people waiting there to get passengers, and they'll walk you a short distance to the taxi. You can use it to take a tour or drop you off somewhere. There are glass-bottom taxis that are slightly more expensive, and each water taxi will vary as to age and condition. Feel free to be selective. You can negotiate on the fare, but I can't remember what we paid anymore. Other threads should have that info. You can do one way or round trip. Don't expect much narration, but you should get a nice close look at everything. The Office is right on Medano Beach, so you can definitely do the tour around the arches, and then get dropped off on the beach in front of The Office. You'll want to pick up another water taxi to take you back to the tender dock. (The walk from there looks short, but is actually fairly long.) You will have no trouble finding a water taxi at Medano Beach to take you back.

We took a water taxi from the Marina area to Medano Beach. They dropped us off right next to the Office and right onto the sand. Didn't even get wet! Cost us $8 for the two of us. I gave him a $10. Hoping to get some pictures posted later this week. Then we met some friends at the Office and had a great lunch and the four of us took a land taxi to Cabo Wabo and it was $6 total for the taxi. We walked from Cabo Wabo back to the Marina area. 10-15mins.

Archived