Canaries, Explorer 1.

HI everyone,

We did Explorer 1 in Jan this year, Caribbean B2B,AI; flew Dreamliner. 

Enjoyed the ship and the cruise, but not big fans of flying; the dreamliner is just a bigger version of a charter holiday plane IMO.

We have 2 more booked on Explorer 1, Jan & Mar 2020, both Canaries B2B. Flying from Newcastle, arriving Tenerife South at 11.40 both times.

Yes, they are the same itinerary but that is a small compromise to us. Sunshine & the all round holiday is the important factors to us.

I have a few queries which I hope you will help me on :-

1)The cruise is AI, does that mean we get food on the flight? (must admit we prefer to bring our own)

2)How long is the transfer, what time are we likely to get on the ship?

3)Is the luggage bonded? (both ways?). Caribbean was and is very convenient.

4) Can anyone suggest any Excursions, we are OK for Teneriffe, Lanzarote @ Fuerteventura, have had several holiday's on those.

Thank's in advance.

Hi. Answers to a few questions.

1)  There Is food for sale on board it’s typical TUI,expensive and not particularly good. Taking your own sounds like a good idea.

2) Once you are on the coach it is around Fourty five minutes  airport to port depending on traffic.

3) The times that we have done this trip the luggage wasn’t bonded.

4) We always arranged our own trips, mostly walk into ports or used local buses.

( One of the tui trips when we were in lanzarote was to Costa teguise and it was fifteen pounds each. The local bus was six euros return. Same fifteen minute trip.

keep well.😉

Edited by Brummijam

1 hour ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Thank's Brumm, was thinking along the same lines re DIY.

Might take in Lorro park at Peurto del a Cruz, many year's since we have been there.

On short haul flight's, usually take home made breakfast bars & small hot water crust pork pie's.

Hi.

I have just had a nosy online and a self booked trip to Loro park including entrance tickets is €55 each with no queuing at the park and you get three and a half hours there.

Hot water crust pork pies ?? Not heard of them before,sounds delicious.

Keep well.

Edited by Brummijam

Cool Cruiser, Just google small hot water crust pork pie with quails egg; should find it.

It was a joint recipe from famous lady who also loves footy and a man she worked with on telly. She left to be loyal to Auntie and he stayed with them. We leave out the egg, and make a smaller individual version for travelling.

Lanzarote has a park similar to Loro but it's a pale version.

55 euro's each, doe's that include getting there?

1 hour ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Cool Cruiser, Just google small hot water crust pork pie with quails egg; should find it.

It was a joint recipe from famous lady who also loves footy and a man she worked with on telly. She left to be loyal to Auntie and he stayed with them. We leave out the egg, and make a smaller individual version for travelling.

Lanzarote has a park similar to Loro but it's a pale version.

55 euro's each, doe's that include getting there?

Hi.  That price was return travel from Santa Cruz, fast track park entry tickets with a three and a half hour stay. We went last year when we stayed in Puerto de la Cruze and it was a good day out. 

35 minutes ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Excuse my ramblings. In an effort to be cryptic not knowing if we can name names, I got only half the ladies description right.

Her name begins with M not D !

Hi so it’s not Delia, is it Martha Stewart?   We will soon find out if we can name names😂

Entry only tickets for loro park are €30 each online .

Keep well.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, oxygenbanditnot said:

Brumm, we have had 14 days before at Puerto de la Cruz, enjoyed it.

It's Mary & Paul and yes the Pie is delicious, but this isn't a food forum....my fault.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, oxygenbanditnot said:

we can talk about anything until it’s deleted😂👍