Summit - 9164 - (glorious) Cabin Comments

Donut23

In no particular order - 😉

My wonderful husband, Jim, is a Royal Caribbean - Radiance Class Man.  Aft Facing Balcony Cabins only.  I have tried to tempt him with sweet-Suite deals but if no aft facing I’m met with ........ silence.

in January I called him in a panic at work.  hANG UP, CALL CELEBRITY AND BOOK 9164.  Don’t ask questions.  Just do it.

He asked questions, of course, but he finally booked it with our friend Lou along too.

here is the good, bad and ugly.  Good far exceeds the other.

9164 - Handicapped Accessible Aft Facing Aqua Class Cabin.  During her refit this cabin changed to Aqua Class from Concierge and 2 pax instead of 3.

Ypon entry you are drawn in by the soothing color palate - much more attractive than photographed.  I DO wonder how all these light colors will last on a busy cruise ship.

right now ..... She is stunning.

Bathroom to the right.  You can hold your daughters sweet 16 party in here.

There are grab bars - good for rolling seas.  Standard cruise toilet with much room next to it to squeeze in your wheelchair.  Toilet to the left, shower chair to the right.

Shower is a long rectangle, shower seat at opposite end from shower controls.  (Shower seat is slippery - just sit on a hand towel).  There are bottles of Shampoo, conditioner and body wash which I used - satisfactory.  There is not much space for shower products YOU brought.  Desalinated water leaves your hair soft and fluffy and skin soft too.  Yummy!

Sink with a few small shelves is open below to roll in a wheelchair and mirror angles down which is a nice touch.

Sparse counter top - not much extra room.

oh yes, even in a rolling sea the water magically stays in the shower .... without a sill.

Bathroom - big 👍

Bed -

We asked our cabin attendant for extra pillows.  Hahahahaha!  We got FOUR big fluffy pillows (total of 8 on the bed) and a long body pillow. At night there were pillows flying everywhere!

Mattress comfortable.  I like mine more soft - go figure.

Im a 5’1” wee short lady with 3 surgeries between 2 legs after the accident.  I no longer launch well.  Next trip I’m taking a foldable 4” step to help me into bed.  Fits in my large bag perfectly.

2 small bedside tables with a drawer and shelves.  Lights attached to tables.  Round shade is glary (is that a word?).  We solved the problem by putting our hats on the globes.  They must be LED’s because the globes were cool to the touch.

LEAVE YOUR POWER STRIP AT HOME.  You have power plugs at the desk and in lamps on each side of the bed.

Next to the bed is a 1 1/2 person sofa.  Something in that sofa.  Every time I sat on it, I fell asleep.

Other side of room.

The half-desk gets it half-right.  I was never in sink with it.  Just make it a standard depth and deal with it.

More plugs here, light switches, a few shelves.  We were not comfortable leaving much on the shelves at sea.  I roll around and things would be flying.  Next time the guards a little higher, please.  Thanks.

Round mirror and light - beautiful.  It’s a shame it doesn’t have a night-light level.  Actually there are NO night lights in the cabin.  We left the bathroom light on.  Next time I’ll bring a night light.

we moved the 2 chairs next to the desk.  Scooter fit in here perfectly.

Ok, I apologize.  I don’t have much good to say about the cabinetry.  Ready?  Here goes.

cabinetry 

Materials look inexpensive....and the ARE.

Smoked glass front cabinets.  WHY?  Jim put his folded polo shirts in one side....already looked messy.  Rather than me straightening them all week, he just used some of the abundance of drawers.

Woefully little usable hanging space.  I came with multiple sundresses.  There was not enough room for my dresses and Jim’s dinner shirts.  Unsatisfactory.

Lots Of good drawers 😋 taking up hanging space😡.

i got a hanging shoe organizer to get the shoes up off the floor.  Absolutely no space for shoes.

Finally ......

The doors were awful at sea; banging and creaking.  We used my Marine Tape (created for outside use-doesn’t breakdown in the sun.). It’s removable.  We taped the HECK out of these doors to keep them quiet.

Balcony

Gagunda

Not quiet - noise from bar above can be troublesome if you are a light sleeper.

Looks like the deck was replaced.  It looks beautiful.

Views - stunning

i was not really well enough to get the most from this lovely ship and destination.  My newest medication basically put me to sleep.  I actually slept through dinner once.

My review of the cabin may be more fussy than most but I spent a great deal of time there.  I’m lucky it was such a nice cabin.

• Like 1