Empress of the sea jan 16th cruise

vlnovak

We just returned from the empress and had a great time. You all keep asking about the cabins and yes they are the smallest I have had but they are fine,not alot of drawers( 3) in a chest and 3 in the vanity(sp). We had a jr suite?? room 8686 in the aft. It was to have a sitting area but did not, nor do any of the cabins back there. the ones on 7 have small balconies but the tops are open. The Js on the side are enclosed and much bigger rooms. Look like picture in book, however balcony, are small. 2 chairs. Ours you could get 2 chairs and an lounge ch. and table. It is twice the size as the ones on 7. deck 9 is the same as 8. the big suites to our side take up all the room. 2 balconys, plasma tv. whirlpool tub and livingroom and bedroom. should also let you know that the room attent charge is $5.25 pp for a js. other rooms are $3.75pp.

Boarding and getting off were the best, back at sju by 9:15am. We were just normal exters, not express. boarding was easy too, on by 12:30. There is a duty free store after you go though security and you can buy pop and liquor as much as you want. they pop is a free carry but you have to put the booze in a bag or back pack. they do not care if you bring it on you just can not be seen carring it out in the open. it is crazy but that is how it works. However, if you try to bring any liquor on in any port they will take it as it goes though the xray machine and they will tell you to take it out of your bag and give it to them, you get it back on the day you leave. any questions email me at vlnovak@hotmail.com. will post more later

We have booked the Owner suite 9184 on the Nov 9th cruise. Is this one of the cabins you said took all the room? If it is did you happen to take pictures of the balcony? We would love tro know how deep the balcony is. It would be the same depth as your was. Do you know how deep that was? Thank you very much.

the depth was the same as 8686 however you have two balconies. one off your bedroom and the other off you livingroom. also plasma tvs and a whirlpool in the huge bathroom. see photos, you will have to sort through at community.webshots.com/user/vlnovak. ps you also have nice padded lounge chairs

Am going with my husband on Empress for a company sponsored cruise (he is ceo). I've never been on a cruise before (just not my thing) and it seems each ship has a different style. But, don't want to be mis-dressed in front of the underlings. Would you think a long black cocktail dress is too much on formal night ? Thinking of nice business suits on the other nights? ps am in my 40s. Thanks for the insights.

The site for the pictures should now work. It is http://community.webshots.com/user/vlnovak.

the answer to the questions are. If you are on an 11 day you will need 2 formal dresses. You can get away with what ever you like as i did see on person(man) in shorts in the dining room that night. I also so people in t shirts on other nights. Most people had a tux, suite or a sportcoat on durning formal night. Ladies had on dresses, long and short also pant suites. I saw none in shorts.

The liquor answer is you can bring wine in your suite case if you like .. after you go to your room, you may come back with your carry on and buy any wine( very limited selection) and liquor or pop you want. the liquor must be put in you carry on and you can carry the pop in a bag they give you. the liquor is very cheap. kettle one 19.00 . Wine was 4.50 but nothing I had drank before. I did not try to get any wine bottles through security upon check in my carryon, so I am not sure if they will take it. They will take any you bring on from the other islands. Do not pack any liquor as you can get at the duty free store and the store is after you go through security.

Yes there is a chocolate buffet at 11:30.

Archived