Marella Cruise Aug 2020 - Just the two of us!!

Hi

we are considering a Marella cruise next August....it will be our first ever cruise!!

My wife is a teacher so we are stuck to school holidays, so it would just be the two of us looking to get on board 😎

One of the med cruises would be our favourite option....just wondering on the pros and cons of being a couple onboard during the school holidays as I imagine there will be quite a lot of families on board

Thanks 

Jim

Hi

we did take a look at Explorer 2, but next year it’s cruising through Iceland and Norway.

Although that does look great, we fancied the Med for our first cruise

Edited by jimisere

Hi jimisere, just had a quick look and it looks like E2 is the adult only ship next year.  That is doing the Baltic as well as Norway and Iceland. It sails from Newcastle. We did the Iceland trip last year and it was the best we have done.  However if you want the Med I would perhaps avoid Dream in school holidays as it's advertised as being great for families and also Palma is a short flight which is ideal for kids.  Perhaps look at the eastern Med, slightly further and some great itineraries.

We were on Discovery this August doing the Idyllic Italy cruise as an older couple no children. We had a fantastic time and no problems regarding children. There is an adults only sundeck, although this does get busy, and also the indoor pool is adults only in the afternoon. The main pool obviously gets busy with families especially on the sea day, we weren’t bothered by this so kept away from the main pool. Meal times were fine MDR  didn’t have many children in and those who  did visit were well behaved.  At night we went  to Bar 11 no children appeared there. We didn’t go to any of the shows or other bars so can’t comment on them. To be honest we were pleasantly surprised as we were expecting the ship to be over run with children.

Thanks for all the responses. We're actually looking at the cruise and stay option, sailing out on the 31st Jul on Marella Explorer....I think its the Adriatic Itinerary 😎

I guess the Marella Explorer has some adult only areas that we can look to spend time in?

We dont have anything against kids by the way, its just good to know there is options onboard just in case

Cheers 

Jim

Plenty of areas where you can avoid kids, most of them will be around the pool deck in the daytime and we try to avoid that area but lots if other sun decks.   We have grand children and love to see kids around, it's just the ones that are allowed to be unruly that we avoid!