Queen Elizabeth Summer 2021

MWINT

Just got off my second Cunard voyage on Sunday and I am itching to spend my future cruise credit bought on board QM2. I was hoping to be spending it tomorrow by there is still a big gap in Queen Elizabeth’s summer 2021 itineraries. I was hoping to be booking Vancouver to Tokyo. Does anyone have any insight into if this trip will be available please? If so, when it’s likely to go on sale? Many thanks in anticipation. Mark

It looks like the dates for QE's 2021 Vancouver-Tokyo trip will be September 2-22, 2021. It's Voyage Q126 and some of the preliminary details can be found posted on the Cunard US website at "https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/Q126/Q126". It doesn't look like that trick works on the Cunard UK website though, so here's a screen shot from the Cunard US website. No details of other stops on the itinerary, pricing, or availability yet.

image.thumb.png.34f41aec077034ec3854a484527f34ca.png

Not sure when this voyage will be available to book. I think QE's 2020 Vancouver-Tokyo voyage was released last September along with the bulk of the other 2020 itineraries. Maybe this year Cunard is waiting to officially release this voyage along with the rest of QE's 2021 Alaska schedule.

Edited by bluemarble

Checking back through my records, QE's inaugural 2019 Alaska season was officially announced on October 23, 2017. However, QE's 2020 Alaska season wasn't officially announced until December 20, 2018. I'm seeing indications that the 2021 Alaska season will be announced in early December this year.

I'm seriously thinking of booking the same QE Vancouver-to-Tokyo cruise, but for 2020, not 2021. I have a question for anyone who's taken it previously: What are the demographics of the guests, in terms of nationality? My only Cunard experience has been a 21-day New York to Southampton round-trip (by way of Liverpool, Reykjavik, and Atlantic Canada) this past July. On that cruise, I'd estimate that nearly 70% of the guests were from the U.K., and another 10% from Germany, France, and other European countries. I loved that international mix, but I wonder if anyone other than Americans and Canadians cruise out of Vancouver.

8 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

I'm seriously thinking of booking the same QE Vancouver-to-Tokyo cruise, but for 2020, not 2021. I have a question for anyone who's taken it previously: What are the demographics of the guests, in terms of nationality? My only Cunard experience has been a 21-day New York to Southampton round-trip (by way of Liverpool, Reykjavik, and Atlantic Canada) this past July. On that cruise, I'd estimate that nearly 70% of the guests were from the U.K., and another 10% from Germany, France, and other European countries. I loved that international mix, but I wonder if anyone other than Americans and Canadians cruise out of Vancouver.

Some of our table mates were from Australia and we met some people from India/Canada and Germany in the Buffet. There were a number of Chinese dancers on board and I think there were some Koreans as well. You would probably get a lot of Japanese passengers too. We were on the loop cruise so I imagine the Vancouver to Tokyo cruise would have even more Japanese passengers. The demographic was pleasantly international

Kmerlin:

Thanks! I do love an international demographic.

By the way, I see you're from New Brunswick. NB is my favorite Canadian province! (I used to live in the Boston, and would drive up to NB every couple of years---it's a low-key but delightful place).

Jim