Enbrel /biologic in Australia

PandRBarry

On 9/25/2019 at 11:29 PM, PandRBarry said:

Thanks again for doing this. It is so kind of you. I'm thinking these e-mail addresses are not really monitored by employees. 

This is the email from the embassy that I used last night and once before to no response:

info@tga.gov.au  

Ok I have another email for you to try.  imports@agriculture.com.au

Let me know how that goes, I can always make some more phone calls 🙂

Don't forget it's Friday in Australia and nothing happens in Government departments over the weekend 😉

On 9/25/2019 at 1:57 AM, PandRBarry said:

Guess I'll bite the bullet and make what will probably be a very expensive phone call to Australia .  Thanks for the responses though.  I still hope someone on CC has had this situation and will respond at some point.

People all over the world make international calls every day. It's not the 1950s!  It's really not a big deal. Pricewise its a snippet compared to what you are spending on your trip. Call via Skype if you want to do it for free. You can always call them then ask them to call you back or establish email contact with you. 

Call mid week as the next two weeks have Monday public holidays in various states. It's been school holidays in various states for the past few weeks so staffing is generally reduced overall. 

6 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

People all over the world make international calls every day. It's not the 1950s!  It's really not a big deal. Pricewise its a snippet compared to what you are spending on your trip. Call via Skype if you want to do it for free. You can always call them then ask them to call you back or establish email contact with you. 

Call mid week as the next two weeks have Monday public holidays in various states. It's been school holidays in various states for the past few weeks so staffing is generally reduced overall. 

Just got my bill that included a call to NZ and it was $30 USD because I had to be on hold so long.  I’m just trying to avoid a needless expense. Good to know about the holidays. Thank you.

You can call international via Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp for free too, so long as you are on a wifi connection, that is, using your internet connection, you just need to add the app onto your mobile phone and dial it on there. Another free talk/message app is Signal, I have used that frequently to talk to a friend in France for free regularly. 

These apps all work the same way and so long as you are on wifi, it's a piece of cake and free, free, free. It's what's keeping people all over the world connected. I believe it was widely featured in 2015 during the peak of the Syrian+ other nationals migrant crisis as many were using their mobile phones with one of these Apps to keep in touch with friends/family back home or in countries where they were hoping to get to. 

As mentioned, Skype also works for voice or video calls, also via internet. Hard to believe but I started using Skype before it offered video, way way back in early aughts to help a friend who worked overseas in hard-to-connect-to places. We've come a long way. 

Good luck, let us know how it turns out. Hopefully everything will be alright.