Will I make my flight

DebLeonard

Leaving from Seattle on the Westerdam to Alaska on 6/25/06 returning 7/2/06 @ 7:00AM. We will be flying out a day early but would like to fly home to Florida same day as it is a long trip to the east coast. Will I make my flight at 11:44 am? Thanks for your input.

The Seattle Airport known as SEA-TAC is NOT run that well, and it can be a VERY slow process getting through Security. I know the "Cross-Country" blues. It's 3 hours ahead of Seattle on the East Coast! I did it for 7 years as a Professional Business Traveller. A 1:00 PM flight would be a whole lot more practical. The Ship doesn't start "off-loading" until Customs takes care of their paperwork and they have their Coffee which can take until 8:30 am, so I would play it safe with a 1:00 pm flight!;)

Another thing to take into consideration is "how many Cruise Ships" are going to be in Port on that day of disembarkation!:)

Robertmnch

I am booked on the Westerdam and will be flying out of Seatle June 18 and I was planning on booking a 12:30 p.m. flight. Now I am having second thoughts. But in the past on all my cruises I was off the ship by 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. Have to rethink this departure. Getting back to "Music City" is home.

Em

Thanks for the responses. It is still a hard decision. The flight schedule doesn't seem to offer much except early morning, mid morning and late evening. Nothing in the afternoon. If we stay and take a later flight what could we do with our luggage? Seems to me I remember on our last cruise with Celebrity they had an offer of having it sent to the airport. Has anyone had luck with keeping up with their bags in this situation?

You can always dump the luggage at the hotel where you stayed pre-cruise before you go enjoy your day. Then just go back to pick up the luggage and get a taxi to SeaTac - just be sure to tip the fellow at the Bell Desk nicely for his trouble.

11:44 sounds too close for comfort. Everything would have to come off without a hitch. SeaTac is a fair distance from the pier and traffic can always be a problem. The ship is normally in on time because it is a short hop from Victoria to Seattle, but arrival time is never guarenteed. As mentioned above, customs can be slow and you will need to be the first off the ship. I'd opt for a later flight to be safe.

Archived