Galaxy vs Summit

fireguy091

I have so many questions. We are considering either the Summit or Gal. 11 night The Gal. is out of Galveston and Summit out of Ft. lauder.
What do you experienced cruisers with Celebrity think.
Another is room cat. Sky suite us Royal suite. I don't mind the smaller room if the perks are the same.

Serenade 10/30/03
Destiny 6/02
Monarch 5/99
Holiday 4/98
Tropical 6/95
Asure Seas 3/93
Asure Seas 5/91
Holiday 3/88
Ms Southward 5/85

We have been on both the Summit and the Galaxy and we like the Galaxy the best. The staff and crew are so much more friendly on the Galaxy. The Summit is a larger ship and it just seems like we were treated much better and had a better overall cruise experience on the smaller Galaxy. We stayed in a Royal Suite once on Galaxy and in a Sky Suite once on Galaxy. We stayed in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit. If you go on the Galaxy, The Sky Suites are nice but the Royal Suites are to die for. If you go on the Summit, I would book a Celebrity Suite if you can live without the balcony. The Celebrity Suites are just wonderful and I consider them to be the best bargain afloat. I hope that this helps.

Mercury 9/24/2004 Cabo Wabo Party
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700[/img]

Thanks CINDON Come on folks there has to be more opinions out there than this.

Serenade 10/30/03
Destiny 6/02
Monarch 5/99
Holiday 4/98
Tropical 6/95
Asure Seas 3/93
Asure Seas 5/91
Holiday 3/88
Ms Southward 5/85

We were on "Summit" this past February on a 10-day, eastern Caribbean cruise; and will be on "Galaxy," this September for the westbound transatlantic. A few years back we were on "Century." We had a great time on "Summit," and, luckily for us, did not have any of the infamous pod problems the milennium class ships are plagued with. The Summit's CD, who's been on both ships, did say that behind the scenes, where Pax don't go, the difference in the ships' respective shipyards is apparent. He said Galaxy is like a Mercedes and Summit is like a Renault. (And I'm a major Francophile, by the way!) We also had heard that many of the waiters in the restaurants prefer the C class to the M class ships, since they're smaller, so that you get the more senior and accomplished staff. We're in a CC stateroom, so I can't give you any info on Sky Suites versus Royal Suites (other than my envy!), although I do believe the amenities offered are the same for both. You would have a real, dining room table in a RS, so if that appeals to you, that may be a factor as well.

--Randy

You can't go wrong with either ship. Love the Galaxy and the Summit. Pick the one that is priced right and goes to the ports you want. I'm booked on the Summit for March 2005 because it worked best....

Thanks, everyone. Its looking like we will pick the Galaxy. Only because there seems to be more royal suites avail. and one of the couples going with us are determined to have one this time.
I am only concerned about the condition of the ship, being slightly older. After all we just came off the brand new Serenade. And since size doesn't matter,lol the Galaxy should be fine

Serenade 10/30/03
Destiny 6/02
Monarch 5/99
Holiday 4/98
Tropical 6/95
Asure Seas 3/93
Asure Seas 5/91
Holiday 3/88
Ms Southward 5/85

Archived