Any suggestions?????????

I am sailing on the 5 day Sensation next week with my BF for our annual mommies only trip to hide from our toddlers (lol) but I started thinking about it and YES I know it is late in the game but our family vacation (a land trip to a AI resort in Playa) is not until the last week of July and that is a looooooooooonnnnnnnggggg time away. My youngest will be turning 3 on Memorial Day. It is a hard day for our family bc I had a ruptured splenic aneurysm on that date while 36 weeks pregnant with him therefore it is the day he was born and I died and was brought back. Trust me we know the miracle of the survival and are very thankful but the last 2 years (his 1st and 2nd) birthdays have been filled with family and friends and all of our minds are on what happened and it was horrible. Not that we don't celebrate our toddler or our joy or his birthday but that day for any of you that have been through a severe trauma know you can not help but think this is what happened here and at this time etc. So I had a brain storm. Why not take the focus off the aneurysm and near death and celebrate his birthday away and then have a later birthday party (he will be 3 so he is clueless) and that way the pressure is off the day for this year. My DH is active military and I started looking and it looks like the only thing that would work would be the 3 day Fantasy, the Fascination or the Jubilee or the Sensation again. My boys like to cruise and have 2 DCL cruises under their belts but I was trying to find something that works with Memorial Day weekend (like everyone else who started on this 11 months ago) and that we can use the military discount and that goes out of Florida......sorry so long any suggestions???

Disneycruiser#1,
All I can say is..."WOW"!!!
I can't help you with the cruise, but I HAD to tell you how WONDERFUL I think your idea is!!!
Good luck with the details, and God Bless..

Sensation 5/15/2004

Disneycruiser#1

Oh, I feel your pain...had a stoke at 22 after my son born, then lost a full term child 3 yrs later...Baby, TIME heals , however you never forget....

It is time for you to move PAST the bad stuff, and LIVE !! Yes, it will ALWAYS bring a PANG, but life goes on....

GO...have a AWESOME time !!! Whatever you choose....

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004
Celebration 7/89
Triumph 6/2001
Victory 5/2002
Triumph 5/2003
Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

DC#1, Have you checked the Sensation -Tampa- for May 29? My mother originally booked us on that cruise - it WAS more expensive, but the reason we changed dates was that my youngest's birthday is June 1st, and I didn't want to be gone from him (he'll be 5).
Haven't looked lately, so don't know what's available on that cruise, or any other.

Christhree,
DANG, GIRL!!!
I'm happy to see both of you with such wonderful attitudes. I would only hope that I could be as strong as you two..
You both have inspired me with your courage....

Sensation 5/15/2004

"C"

Thanks for sharing your story and I am so sorry for your loss.....you know where I am coming from. It such a day of mixed joy and sadness and on going medical problems for us both. But you are right I want to live. I survived melanoma for 6 years ago but this aneurysm knocked me for a loop and left me several organs short (lol). I know we are the 14th woman and baby to have made it for a reason and that is why I want to live and take the focus off the aneurysm and all that went with it and make it about the baby and then celebrate his bd on a later day but of course still celebrate him bc he is one special miracle. Thank you for sharing!

If only other people could understand how precious their lives really are...
Just think what we WOULD accomplish if we knew we couldn't fail.

(read that somewhere, sometime, and it has stuck. I always try to remember that.)

You two radiate life and love. You walk with angels.

Sensation 5/15/2004

Well at least I know for sure now what is on the other side and I must have done something right the first 30 years.....now I just have to keep it up. I see you are going on the Sensation on 5/15/04. I am going with my best friend for a mommies getaway and can't wait. Have fun!

I do not think my any mean I am a heroe. My aneurysm happened right before 9/11 and my DH is a Marine so those are our heroes. But as one of my Doctor's put it I know what is important now....before I did not live each day to the fullest. Don't get me wrong I am not super woman and have a lot of medical problems but hey I figure I am here for a reason. I try to be understanding but big deals to others seem not very important to me now. If people would realize that any second life is gone then maybe our world would be a more understanding world.

Group hug [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AH, but it is the TRUE heroes who don't think that they are...

I agree with you wholeheartedly about our fighting men and women. So many people not wanting to be in harm's way - but WHAT about the ones who are?? What made THEM stand up for something?

EXACTLY!!!

Sensation 5/15/2004

You live, you learn, you pick up the pieces and carry on.....you have no choice with young kids at home. Hopefully, there is enough left in you to get back to life the best you can,
{ no matter how many pieces are missing LOL} , and get to CRUISE !!

Heck...I was 34 my first cruise...LOL

I think ALL people of SERVICE { soldiers, firemen,policemen, etc} should get 1/2 price on their cruise once a year....It couldn't hurt the cruiselines THAT much, and these people DESERVE a 7 day break for what they do all year long. Limit the family # they can bring on a cruise, but allow that service person and family a HUGE break...Just my humble opinion...

Have a great time ya'll...I'm on my Victory tour in 3 weeks !!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] *happy dance*

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004
Celebration 7/89
Triumph 6/2001
Victory 5/2002
Triumph 5/2003

Hey C-

Houston, I lived there for 6 years and met my husband there. Carnival has been very good to the military. Everyone or a lot of "companies" were for awhile but then it died down and they stopped their support. For example Disney Cruise Lines stopped their military promotions. I guess they figured they did the right thing but then I told them check your news are Men and Women are still fighting....but then you have Carnival who is offering great deals to the military and even US Airways has a promotion for special rates for active duty and their dependents on leave so some still know and care. My DH is a Marine and a Fireman so he wears both hats......have fun on the Victory!!!

thanX girl...and you enjoy too...[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My son is a FF for the City here....and LOL I know they wear MANY hats...as do we wives and moms.....

Have a BLAST !! Be safe !! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004
Celebration 7/89
Triumph 6/2001
Victory 5/2002
Triumph 5/2003

Archived