NCL Spirit - NY 3/5 ~ rough seas?

rabbitcruiser

Hi all,

I'm scheduled to be on the Spirit 3/5 out of NY to FL and the Bahamas. I've only been on one cruise previously and got incredibly seasick. This was in the North Atlantic from NY to Canada.

I am concerned about the motion of the ship on this trip. I've booked an inside cabin on Deck 6, middle of the deck and mid-ship. Can anyone give me any idea what kind of seas and/or motion I might expect on this trip during this week?

Many thanks!

You could have terrible seas or not... getan Rx from your doctor for meclizine 25 mg . take 1 3-4 times a day and I promise you'll be fine. Just don't go overboard on alcoholic intake. Have fun :)

No Rx needed - available over the counter in generic form our branded as Bonine.

Follow the directions - one a day is fine for most people. 3-4 a day you may not remember the cruise:D Remeber to take it before you cruise or feel bad,

Good idea to try some before you go just to make sure it has no side effects for you.

On the first week of March with my grandson. The first day at sea was a little rough, but not the worst I have experienced. Took the Voyager out of NJ last November and for 9 days we had beautiful weather.

I am on the same cruise on the Spirit. There is really no way to tell in advance what the weather will be, but at least we should not expect a hurricane.

You can have rough seas anytime during the year.

It's always a 50-50 proposition when you're out on the ocean.

Rough seas are caused mostly by high winds, and it doesn't have to be stormy to have high winds. You can have high winds and rough seas on a bright sunny day.

Archived