Message From Your Community Manager

LauraS

• Administrators

As our guidelines clearly state, Cruise Critic welcomes the legitimate third-party recommendations of tour operators on all our Ports of Call forums.

Unfortunately, we have been able to ascertain that more than 55 Cruise Critic user names were created and were posting disengenuously about tour operators, guides and companies located in Belize. The end result was removing over 500 posts about 10 tour companies/dot com tour operators early this month. For specifics about our guidelines, see our updated announcement.

Please understand that it disheartens us greatly that companies were violating the trust of our members by posting in this manner, and using our message boards as a way to solicit business. It is also unfortunate that many tour operators/companies do not see the TRUE value in a legitimate third-party recommendation, and chose to go down this path.

We also must apologize to you, our members, for not catching this in a more timely manner. Let me assure you, it will not happen again.

Finally, I must ask if you have any questions/comments/or concerns regarding the above information, please address it to me via e-mail at community@cruisecritic.com.

Discussions regarding our management of the boards will be removed without notice, and you will not receive the answer you seek.

LauraS

Archived