Viking Longships Bureau Drawers

What was that?

We are booked on a BUD-AMS GE cruise departing 8 April 2020 on the Viking LIF in a Veranda Suite. Photos I have seen do not satisfactorily illustrate the number and placement of drawers we could use for stashing our clothes, etc. Would anyone have either photos or a description of the numbers and locations of bureau drawers in this type cabin?

TIA.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, What was that? said:

We are booked on a BUD-AMS GE cruise departing 8 April 2020 on the Viking LIF in a Veranda Suite. Photos I have seen do not satisfactorily illustrate the number and placement of drawers we could use for stashing our clothes, etc. Would anyone have either photos or a description of the numbers and locations of bureau drawers in this type cabin?

TIA.

The drawer space in Veranda Suites on Longships  is minimal.  Much less than in Verandas.  I believe there are only two small drawers in the closet.  

13 minutes ago, LeRenardrouge said:

The drawer space in Veranda Suites on Longships  is minimal.  Much less than in Verandas.  I believe there are only two small drawers in the closet. 

Thanks for this, LeRenardRouge. Part of my reason for asking is that I see different layouts of these suites in various images and videos and on the Viking site. Some show the closet behind the door (like the image below from the Viking website), and show the bedroom door opening against a full-length mirror with the closet on the wall opposite the foot of the bed. And then there are assorted variations.

Then there are some drawers in the living room, but some of the furniture panels with drawer pull handles conceal things that are not drawers.

So, if anyone has a chance to examine and describe AA304 - or any of the Veranda Suites on the Viking LIF, I would appreciate it. A video tour would be nice, too.

Am I asking too much?

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

Thanks for this, LeRenardRouge. Part of my reason for asking is that I see different layouts of these suites in various images and videos and on the Viking site. Some show the closet behind the door (like the image below from the Viking website), and show the bedroom door opening against a full-length mirror with the closet on the wall opposite the foot of the bed. And then there are assorted variations.

Then there are some drawers in the living room, but some of the furniture panels with drawer pull handles conceal things that are not drawers.

So, if anyone has a chance to examine and describe AA304 - or any of the Veranda Suites on the Viking LIF, I would appreciate it. A video tour would be nice, too.

Am I asking too much?

Capture.JPG

The schematic is not very accurate.  Go to Vikings website and find the river cruises.  Click on Ships and find longship fleet.  Find the link to the 360 tours and find Veranda suites.  The view matches what we have seen.  Most of what look like drawers in the living area are fake.  As you should see, in the bedroom, there is a small closet with two small drawers on the bottom at one side.  

22 minutes ago, LeRenardrouge said:

As you should see, in the bedroom, there is a small closet with two small drawers on the bottom at one side.  

I'm thinking we might benefit from bringing one of those hanging organizers that I dislike, but I can't see putting all our underwear on the floor of the closet, or leaving it in our suitcases - that is not our style.

Well, forewarned is forearmed. That's why I asked. Thanks for clearing that up.

So the next question has to be "How wide are the closets?" so I don't bring an organizer that takes up all the space...

Edited by What was that?

39 minutes ago, What was that? said:

And the free-hanging distance from the closet rod to closet floor - or to the drawers.

I captured a screen shot from the 360-degree tour.  It is slightly distorted but it is still pretty accurate in terms of showing that this is a small closet.  It is a sliding door and doesn’t open very far.  You can get an idea of space the drawers take up and There is hanging space above as well as full length beside them. 

Packing cubes  might be helpful for keeping undies organized above the drawers which is what friends did.  It is a shame that the suites have such limited storage space. Remember that suitcases slide under the bed and some cruisers will use them as “drawers” and leave some clothes folded in them.  Just not so easy to always be bending down. 

Having the living area is delightful but plain Verandas are amazing how much closet and drawer space they have and how well organized they are.  

5A92EBE3-5563-45E6-A3CF-D50F71744113.jpeg

Edited by LeRenardrouge

I just "dug these videos up" from my much earlier research notes, which show the Veranda Suites on the Viking Ve and the Viking Vilhjalm. Both of these were (apparently) built in 2015, while the Viking Lif was (apparently) built in 2014. It seems possible that the Viking Lif Veranda suites could be of the same design, unless a major design change was implemented in the intervening year. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this?

I'm just curious...