I read that the

greg randall

glory had a large number of seniors on the cruise last week, making it for alot of empty lounges and discos. Now i am reading that it is spring break for college kids..Will the ship go from sheer quietness to sheer madness? I envision kids stumbling into their rooms at 4 am making all kinds of racket.

Most college kids are under 25. They couldn't book a room unless someone 25 and older was with them. I don't think it would be a problem.

I was on a spring break cruise and it was mostly 30 somethings and single.

That's not quite true, as long as everyone in the cabin is 21 or older they do not need anyone 25 with them. I was on the Glory during spring break and while I did get irritated with the people next door it did not ruin my cruise. They would leave their cabin door open so friends could get in (that's when I heard a lot of noise), they were trying to keep the door from slamming. I let them know how loud they were and I think, they taped the key to the door. We didn't have any problems after the 1st couple of nights.

Most college kids are under 25. They couldn't book a room unless someone 25 and older was with them. I don't think it would be a problem.

I was on a spring break cruise and it was mostly 30 somethings and single.

Canival's policy is:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older.

You could book a room if you and your friends are at least 21.

Ok, I was wrong.

But as I said, I was on a spring break cruise and the average age was mid 30's. If there were any college age kids partying on that ship, I didn't see them and I was partying. It was a Western 7 day cruise and left on March 19th during spring break.

Unless mom and dad are footing the bill, I don’t think many college students are doing 7 day cruises. Most of the cruises my kids participated in during college were 3-5 day.

We are on the Liberty in March (my 19 year olds college spring break) and so far only one family with teens (high school age) has responded to the roll call............

If its spring break for college students, chances are its spring break for elementary school students, as well.

We were on the Glory over Easter, 2004. The ship was crawling with loud kids. Unfortunately, the ones in the cabin next to ours did not make any attempt to keep the door from slamming.

My wife is a school librarian, and that week is the only time we can travel, so we had little choice.

Paul Noble

Unless mom and dad are footing the bill, I don’t think many college students are doing 7 day cruises. Most of the cruises my kids participated in during college were 3-5 day.

We are on the Liberty in March (my 19 year olds college spring break) and so far only one family with teens (high school age) has responded to the roll call............

CCL cruises are much less expensive than a week in Cancun. You can rest assured that today's students can easily afford 7 days on Carnival.

We always cruise during Spring Break so we don't have to take the kids out of school. Our Victory cruise in '04 had a ton of kids, both college and younger. The younger kids were great; can't say that about the group of 12 college students who's dinner table was next to ours. They were loud and obnoxious. They were doing things that belonged up on the Lido deck. After 2 nights of it, we told them to stop it and surprisingly they did for the most part. People from other tables thanked us for saying something to the college kids, as they were bothering them as well. (The Maitre D couldn't care less. No tip for him.:cool: ) I'm all for having a good time as long as it doesn't bother anyone else.

Archived