ATV with automatic gears??

stuartgrn

My wife has expressed an interest in doing an ATV tour on our upcoming stop at Cozumel. The issue she has is that she is disabled and cannot use her legs for driving as she has no feeling below the knees so cannot control pedals or gear switches (she drives a standard automatic car using hand controls). Due to her disability she would only be able to ride an ATV that can be controlled with only hands. We have seen ATV tours on other stops that use fully automatic ATV’s but all the Cozumel tours she has seen state “semi-automatic” machines which look like they need some kind of foot input to drive them.

Does anyone have any personal experience or pointers of where we might be able to get a tour using an ATV that is fully controlled by hands and doesn’t need any foot control. We have done many driving based tours previously where I have driven and the wife has been a passenger as she wouldn’t be able to drive a buggy, car or anything that requires foot control so hence why she looked at a sit on ATV.

Haven't done any atv tours, but I do own several atvs and have ridden others.  Most of the automatics require you to depress the foot brake to shift it into gear.  Mine will only start in park or neutral; I would contact the tour operators directly to see what accomadations they can make.

11 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

Haven't done any atv tours, but I do own several atvs and have ridden others.  Most of the automatics require you to depress the foot brake to shift it into gear.  Mine will only start in park or neutral; I would contact the tour operators directly to see what accomadations they can make.

Thank you for this info.