Cave-Tubing.com is excellent - Live from the Explorer

NewWaveDave

Just finished the day cave tubing with Yhony and his crew from cave-tubing.com and it was the best. I generally don't post endorsments for shore excursions companies (this is only the 2nd time), but these guys deserve a special mention. My wife and I had an thoroughly enjoyable day.

My first contact with Yhony and cave-tubing.com was yesterday when I e-mailed him from the ship on our way to Belize. We had decided at the last minute to do a cave tubing adventure in Belize so I had not made any prior arrangements. I e-mailed Yhony and Tom Green Wood yestertday and they both replied within 2 hours. I chose Yhony simply because he was the first to return my e-mail.

Yhony worked us right in for today and helped the 3 family groups on the Explorer get organized. As with most cruise terminals tendering passengers, things were very chaotioc when we arrived. Just ask any of the private excursion people on Fort Street for Yhjony and they will direct you toi him. The buses used were in very good shape, so we had no concerns that we might get stranded in Belize. The drivers carry cell phones and are in contact with the rest of the team.

Once on the river, the Guides for cave-tubing.com did an extra-ordinary job keeping all of the groups together. I would definitely not recommend doing the cave tubing without a knowledgable Guide. There are numerous sharp turns, rocks, and partially submerged trees on the river. Yhony and his Guides worked pretty hard the entire trip keeping the groups of rafters lined up in the correct position for the next obstacles in the river.

After we finished, i saw several of Yhony's people rushing First Aid stuff to one of the passengers. The way they were rushing, I first thought someone was down and needed CPR. It turns out someone had a small cut on their hand. But their reaction just demonstrates how Customer-focused this group is. So they get my endorsement, I will use them again if/when I return to Belize.

Thanks Yhony and all the guys who made our day in Belize a memorable one.

Dave and Bonnie (from the 1/31/06 Explorer of the Seas)

Has it finally stopped raining in Belize?

I am glad you had a great time with this company...

A lot of the excursions were cancelled last Thursday when we arrived in Belize because of all the rain the experience that week.

Yes, the weather has been great thi8s week while we aree cruising the Western Caribnbean. It was beautiful yesterday in Belize and again today while we are moored in Costa Maya. We have had nice sunny days with light breezes and no rain. Hope it holds out till the end of the week.

The hike back to the river is about 20-30 minutes accross uneven ground. They have a good path through the rain forest that you hike on, but there are still plenty of muddy spots as well as tree roots in the path. If you spend to much time looking up at the lush greenery, you will probably slip onbe or twice. Unless you are a complete couch potatoe, the terk back to the river should not be to bad. If you are 60 or older and not sure of foot, I might recommend against this tour.

If you are 60 or older and not sure of foot, I might recommend against this tour.

Just to add my 2 cents worth....our group of 9 ladies ages mid-50's to mid-60's did fine on this excursion....so I guess the operative words are "sure of foot". The trail was uneven in places, but not what I would call steep. It was muddy in spots and there were a few steps, but most of us are 'walkers' and we did not find the trek to be difficult. We loved it and would go again in a minute! See my detailed review on this thread 1/18/06 "Go Yhony!"

Yhony & his guides were always there to lend a steady hand and one even carried one lady's tube part of the way.

YAY I am so happy to hear another great review. I will be with Yhony in the caves in 12 sleeps!!!!!!! Was the water freezing?? I just talked to a lady who did the cavetubing tour with her cruiseline last year and didn't like it and said the water was freezing and she was floating around in the dark. (eek!)

The water is cold but it's definitely not freezing. When Yhony and is group ask you for a little "Cashew Wine", just say yes. That will warm you right up. In March, I'd say the water will be even better than it was in January. Of the 50 of us that went, maybe one or two women were cold and they didn't have any cashew wine.

I promise you'll be fine!

Have fun!:)

Archived