Pre-Cruise Hotel Miami

delarda

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice but not really expensive hotel to stay at for a couple of days prior to leaving on our SUN cruise?

Thanks

NCL Sun 2006 (March)

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera 2005

NCL Spirit Alaska 2004

Carnival Ecstasy Baja Mexico 2003

We are going on the Sun 3/18. Are you also?

We are flying to Miami 1 day early. Booked a room at the Windham (sp) resort through Hotwire.com

We are paying $155/night. The only cheaper hotels were all low end hotels, and believe me, in Miami beach, low end is really low! Rooms old and musty, rude staff, etc. Normally I can handle a very basic hotel to save money, but since my Mother in Law is coming with us I wanted to make sure everything is perfect. This is her first cruise and want to make it a very special time for her.

I always look on Orbitz to see what the reviews are, which helps make a decision when looking at the hotel ratings on Hotwire.

We are going on the 3/18 Sun. We'll arrive in Tampa on the 12 for a conference, then take Amtrak to Miami on the 16th. Unless I find something better, I've already made reservations for a two room suite at Embassy Suites located by the Miami Airport for $159.99 via their web-site--AAA rate. I figured we'll need some time to wash all our clothes and get ready for the cruise. They have free cocktails during the evening and cook-to-order breakfast during the morning. I understand a cab to the port will cost around $20-$25 so that's what we'll do. If anyone knows anything that we should be aware of, please let us know.

Next Cruise: Sun 3/18/06

Celebrity Mercury, Mexican Riviera 2005

NCL Spirit, Alaska 2004

Carnival Ecstasy, Baja Mexican 2003

Archived