3-Day Cruise ?

disfreak10

okay I have been reading til my eyes water trying to take all this great info in. My family are first time cruisers, and because we are, I am leaning towards the 3 day cruise. Can anyone who has been on one of these give me a play by play so to speak on how your days play out? I mean I know we go to Nassau day one and then to CC and back home agian but I am looking for when do we normally leave port, when do we get to Nassau and leave there kinda of thing. Also I read on another site that the first leg of the cruise is generally rough is that true?

thanks

L

The 3 day itinerary is (even though I show it as Day 1 through 4):

Day 1: Leave Port Canerval at 4pm

Day 2: Arrive Nassau at 9:30am. Leave Nassau at 7:00pm

Day 3: Arrive Castaway Cay at 8:30 am. Leave Castaway Cay at 4:30pm

Day 4: Arrive Port Canerval at 7:35

Will it be rough? That is hard to say, depends on the time year and if there are any storms or fronts moving through. One week it could be completely glassy and the next week there could waves.

Here is a link to an awesome site for disney cruises...

http://www.castawayclub.com

If you look at the Disney web site for the actual cruise date you're thinking of, it will give you exact times that the ship arrives at and departs from each port. I'm not sure of the exact times, but I know that we had plenty of time for what we wanted to do in Nassau and at Castaway Cay.

We also chose the three-night because it was our first cruise, and we loved it. We also chose Disney for our first cruise because we figured we knew we'd get the Disney level of service - and we were right. Yes, the ship rocked a bit the first night - something to do with crossing the Gulf Stream, I was told, although not sure if it was true. We took Dramamine after we started feeling ill; now we just take it ahead of time and never feel anything.

thanks for the info. In picking a time of the year is there a better time to go. obiviously I am aware of the hurricane season but I did not know if there were certain times that seem to be better. I have leaning towards a spring trip but still not sure.

L

I would say late spring is the best time to go. You may get some rocking but the North Atlantic should be settled down because all of the energy has been removed from the ocean. Historically, I have gone in May, the temperature is usually just right and it is before rainy season and as you said you miss the hurricane season.

• 3 weeks later...

The three day cruise is a good way to see if you are OK with cruising, problem is, by the second day you will want more! At the very least you will be on-board, and 5 billion other humans won't be. And Disney will take care of you. It's just Disney, 1st class, on the seas! You are going to be so amazed. I did it once for our 25th anniverary to be special, and now I can't stop! Just go, and have the TIME of your Life! METROWON

okay I have been reading til my eyes water trying to take all this great info in. My family are first time cruisers, and because we are, I am leaning towards the 3 day cruise. Can anyone who has been on one of these give me a play by play so to speak on how your days play out? I mean I know we go to Nassau day one and then to CC and back home agian but I am looking for when do we normally leave port, when do we get to Nassau and leave there kinda of thing. Also I read on another site that the first leg of the cruise is generally rough is that true?

thanks

L

DISNEY DOES NOT CONTROL THE WEATHER YET! I've cruised Disney for 24 days the last four years, and haven't encountered rough yet. 12 foot seas, between hurricanes, yes! 30 ft seas, no, but all cruise ships are subject to them. METROWON

Archived